Question regarding Price of Install

Twistedrx7

Since i am heading out of the country the girlfriend is going to have someone finish the house for us. I havent Bid out tile at all but this still seems high.

We were quoted 9 dollars a square foot just for labor. That includes thinset and grout. roughly for 400 square feet its 3600.00 bucks in labor.

Is this right on the money or higher than normal?

I wouldnt pay anywhere near that much...tile is a diy thing and id do it myself. lol

If no one is gonna be in the house, i could get a buddy of mine and myself to stop over at random times when we can and do it for a lot less than that.

I understand tile is a DIY project but with me out of the US, i cant DIY lol.

No offense but if i am going to pay someone to do it im looking for a warranty. The Girlfriend will be there still, so random times would not work.

I mean Hell 15 dollars a square foot installed is the average price for pavers. including the pavers lol. ( i know pavers are cheaper) but if you make that 9 bucks for labor include the average price of tile its around 19-25 bucks a sqft. and its a lot less labor than a patio.

I downloaded all of the seasons of Holmes on Homes, and just finished watching Season 1 and part of Season 2. The #1 thing I have taken away from watching this is to never, EVER, have contractors doing work for you unsupervised.

NEVER.

because he would come back to a prego gf?

I downloaded all of the seasons of Holmes on Homes, and just finished watching Season 1 and part of Season 2. The #1 thing I have taken away from watching this is to never, EVER, have contractors doing work for you unsupervised.

NEVER.

Agreed. Also not sure what kind of warranty they can give you if any.

if you want another estimate for comparison call my Dad he's super reasonable......

614-203-8844 his name is also Dave

He did some work for Evan a while back too

lisenced, bonded, insured and he offers a warranty.....

Awesome thanks i will have her give him a call.

NEVER.

Haha I dont like contractors at all. i would much rather do the work myself. All companies are about making money. So if its the busy season they want to be in an out without any problems, thus they rush and miss something. Plus im super picky about how something turns out. I also like to use the higher end products where i know most usually use a mid grade product to cut costs.

Any work can wait till you are there. I would not even mention I was going out of town, much less out of the country and leaving my girlfriend at the house. Waaaaay Too many creepers and not enough ammo. Say something happens to her, I'm pretty sure the home improvements don't mean shit anymore. I don't care if she's a ninja with a .50 cal hidden in her vag to shot a dick, not worth it.

Let alone rolling the dice on the job being done right. Nothing in here is worth it.

Since i am heading out of the country the girlfriend is going to have someone finish the house for us. I havent Bid out tile at all but this still seems high.

We were quoted 9 dollars a square foot just for labor. That includes thinset and grout. roughly for 400 square feet its 3600.00 bucks in labor.

Is this right on the money or higher than normal?

Sent ya a PM

Thats extremely high for all that. I can save ya a ton of money.

gotta love all the high school/college kids that come out of this to do your tile.

Jake,

I have a guy on my pool team who does phenominal tile work professionally, but does side jobs cheeeep for extra cash. I can PM you his number. Wouldn't hurt to talk with him.

Any work can wait till you are there. I would not even mention I was going out of town, much less out of the country and leaving my girlfriend at the house. Waaaaay Too many creepers and not enough ammo. Say something happens to her, I'm pretty sure the home improvements don't mean shit anymore. I don't care if she's a ninja with a .50 cal hidden in her vag to shot a dick, not worth it.

Let alone rolling the dice on the job being done right. Nothing in here is worth it.

I'm pretty sure a .5o cal is overkill for blowing off a dick.