How long should the iphone take to activate?

Bam

AT&T, and it finally happened about 9pm. Almost 6hrs after I did the online activation. Super gay. Phone seems alright for the money but I'd probably choose an htc phone next.

Can't go wrong with HTC. I love mine. Had it since June (IIRC) and it's still just as fast as 90% of the smart phones out there.

Online activation? On a gsm phone? Um, wut? All you have to do is install your sim in your new phone. Unless it's a new sim and it's not restored on AT&T's network. Also, JB your iPhone. It becomes the phone it should be.

It's a business account...maybe that's why its different? I didn't have to put a sim in, and the order email I got had a link to click to activate and enter in some numbers. Plus it was a new sim as my old phone was stolen.

JB? How and what?

4g or 3gs? big difference there pal

3gs, was $49 so I said sure. My old phone was stolen on Saturday so I wasn't up for an upgrade or whatever, and the HTC phone was $200, not worth 4x the cost IMO for my first smartphone. I've lived this long w/out one, I'm sure this one will be plenty fun for awhile. I'm eligible next January for an upgrade, so only 10 months.