Mazda RX-9

Brendon

I agree. It will cost more than a Mustang GT and have at least 100 less hp.

knowing Mazda and how they never release details for their cars i have a good feeling for this. what it lacks in power it will make up for in the corners.

also from all my reading on the 16X motor HP clams are said to be in the 300+ range should shake the scene up a bit.

Every year these rumors pop up, and every year nothing happens. Hell, how many years has it been since they unveiled the 16x? I really want to see Mazda make a viable rotary sports car again, but I'll reserve my excitement until something more concrete shows up.

knowing Mazda and how they never release details for their cars i have a good feeling for this. what it lacks in power it will make up for in the corners.

also from all my reading on the 16X motor HP clams are said to be in the 300+ range should shake the scene up a bit.

Especially, if they can keep the weight down.

A lot of those professional drifters, have RX-7's that are modded like crazy.

That's what I mean, RX7 = fantasticly focused 100% sports car, RX8 = compromised joke....back seat, no HP, no turbos, trying to sell like and by the same formula as the 6 cyl Mustang, etc.

Edit: I just read the article, and they said is supposed to return to RX7 philosophy... oops! I just looked like an RX8 in that photo so I assumed... the pic in the link looks a shit ton better than the one in this thread. Don't know anything about the 16X Rotary engine, but it had better have real turbos to be an RX7. Electric supercharger for the lose....

the RX8 is a solid car, very well built holds up well and great in the corners. Mazda did make the big mistake of lacking power in the 8 that the 7 had. the future of the Rotary engine can be anywhere, but with Mazda as the only company taking the engine to new steps it may take some time to reach perfection. just like any engine its not perfect but it does things well that other motors cant do.

the RX8 is a solid car, very well built holds up well and great in the corners. Mazda did make the big mistake of lacking power in the 8 that the 7 had. the future of the Rotary engine can be anywhere, but with Mazda as the only company taking the engine to new steps it may take some time to reach perfection. just like any engine its not perfect but it does things well that other motors cant do.

It sounds great when it's accelerated, and the thing looks mean. But with the rotary, it gets the gas mileage of a truck or a heavy SUV, which is why many people haven't gone that way.

It sounds great when it's accelerated, and the thing looks mean. But with the rotary, it gets the gas mileage of a truck or a heavy SUV, which is why many people haven't gone that way.

MPG can be improved, from what i noticed looking at some AFR's on RX8's they run rich from factory. im assuming they do that knowing people would rev them past 7K leaving some buffer in the fuel map. with some fuel trimming and a good intake and exhaust you can get better mpg's