Hi Jamie.....

Linn1647545492

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. As for being a 'street hustler'....doubt it as you really can't launch these things without breaking stuff....and that includes the billet gears and final drive being installed as I type. From a 60 roll....it will be a tough car to beat. But there's always something faster....:)

Will it be faster than your black supra by a lot or a little? From a cost comparison do you feel this is the next fastest step? Just wondering since I think, for the money, you could do a lot more with your former platform (unless you feel it was maxed). There is no replacement for a super car/speed demon so if I was able to spend freely to mod a lambo I would.

Oh and the yellow looks good, congrats!

Will it be faster than your black supra by a lot or a little? From a cost comparison do you feel this is the next fastest step? Just wondering since I think, for the money, you could do a lot more with your former platform (unless you feel it was maxed). There is no replacement for a super car/speed demon so if I was able to spend freely to mod a lambo I would.

i vote for a 1800hp gtr build over the lambo...

I wasn't either until I actually saw the color in person. :) I initially wanted orange....but it looks muted in the sunlight.

Not the actual car I bought - pics don't do it justice:

I like the Orange also but they seem to be the most popular. The Yellow will be different... :cool:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/3750185784_1a0ab3d2ef.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/251045-5/IMG_3125.JPG

That car is to heavy and not in the same league...

if i remember correctly the black car was sold and someone totaled it.

Nice buy. Love me some Gallardo. So what stage are you going with?

Kevin and I are doing a few different things....but its basically a modified R package with billet gears and bigger turbos.

Yes, it should be considerably faster than my old Supra. Kevin thinks it'll trap a 180 with 1700hp. We'll see. I'm sure a faster car could be built for less money, but keeping a 'stock-like' driving feel, good reliability, and all the typical creature comforts, it's tough to beat a Gallardo. I don't care for the 'flashy' side, but once I started to really drive them, you sort-of forget about what they look like.

I obviously love Supras, but they aren't as practical to drive around town at these hp levels.

I don't think you'll see a 1800hp GTR anytime in the near future. 1400hp maybe by late this year/next year. Tym and I built a longblock that should have made an easy 1200/1250, but too many variables yet to work through and since I'm not getting any younger, we decided to hold off and let him R&D the platform for another year until it becomes more reliable. There is no question that GTR's can and will be the fastest true streetable 1/4 mile car money can buy. We ran a 9.6 first time out with just a bolt-on kit and zero track adjustments. There should be multiple 8 second GTR's out this year trapping at or near 170....which is amazing for the creature comforts and drivability they will retain. Mod cost will be in the 90k range...so it won't be cheap to play at that level. A supra can easily match it at the track for less money....but not on the street.

Jamie the white is pure sex indeed...... ;)

I would have loved to buy Verde Ithaca, but they didn't offer it on the 08 Superleggera. They only made 120 and one owner, low mileage examples are very hard to find - so you sort of take what you can find while you're in the market. The SL's are significantly better cars than the base Gallardos in many ways, especially when modding. I agree, though, white looks really good....but its also becoming really played out everywhere.

Interesting choice of words, when talking about lambos :D

Let me know when you see another 1700hp Lambo. :D There are 3 in existence and just another 32 UGR Lambos in the world. The problem is each one gets more press in a week than other builds do in their lifetime.

So you don't think the 1700hp lambo will get "Played out" lol?

Sort of like your beginner snowboard?

I've done enough 'first' builds and don't care if a few other people have the same build as I do. Frankly I prefer it as it helps speed up the R&D.

I guess we can't all be as cool as you.

Sort of like your beginner snowboard?

I've done enough 'first' builds and don't care if a few other people have the same build as I do. Frankly I prefer it as it helps speed up the R&D.

I guess we can't all be as cool as you.

It was a joke, not meant to be offensive in any way at all.

And yes, I am pretty sick of my snowboard.

LOL.

Saw on AZ that you got a deposit on the S4. Hopefully that sells somewhat locally.

:)

It's actually the same guy from Atlanta who's been all over it for like 3 months. He gave me yet another deposit last week. Apparently he finally got someone to finance him and the wire hits tomorrow afternoon. I didn't ask any questions. :)

I'll be sad to see that car go. I've rarely kept a street car for more than a year, but I've had that S4 since new in 2002. I just never drive it anymore and keeping it 45 minutes away doesn't help....

It's actually the same guy from Atlanta who's been all over it for like 3 months. He gave me yet another deposit last week. Apparently he finally got someone to finance him and the wire hits tomorrow afternoon. I didn't ask any questions. :)

I'll be sad to see that car go. I've rarely kept a street car for more than a year, but I've had that S4 since new in 2002. I just never drive it anymore and keeping it 45 minutes away doesn't help....

Without a doubt, the finest example left in the states. Hope it goes to a good home.

Good luck on the Gallardo!

Jamie, if you don't mind me asking, what's involved in building a 1700HP Gallardo? Do they pull the engine? Replace any of the rotating assembly? Any head work? Those are DI, right? Do they add port injection in addition to the stock fuel system? Is anything doe to the trans besides beefing up the hardware (does the e-gear hold up well)?

Sorry for all the questions, but these cars impress the hell out of me.

P.S. Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow

Jamie, if you don't mind me asking, what's involved in building a 1700HP Gallardo? Do they pull the engine? Replace any of the rotating assembly? Any head work? Those are DI, right? Do they add port injection in addition to the stock fuel system? Is anything doe to the trans besides beefing up the hardware (does the e-gear hold up well)?

Sorry for all the questions, but these cars impress the hell out of me.

P.S. Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow

Yes, yes, yes, no, yes, and yes :)