Fire in Dublin behind my house last night

6 Speed S4

So I went to bed around 1am having to get up for work at 6am. Around 430am I get woken up by sirens. There was 10 fire trucks and police cruisers flying by to the neighboring street behind my house. There is a big park between my neighborhood and the street where all the emergency vehicles were going. I went right back to bed and got up for work at 6.

So around 10-11am at work an older Japanese guy tows his car in saying he has all keys lost. I asked him what happened to the keys, he tells me his apartment caught on fire last night when he was asleep and the firemen rescued him to safety. He is lucky to be alive. I asked him if he had any idea how the fire started out of curiosity and he said I have no clue! I ended up getting a key cut for his car for no charge and got him on his way.

This fire occurred at asherton of Dublin apartments. I have yet to see anything on the news about it or anything. I decided to drive over there after work, ended up getting a few pictures. Anyone else heard about this or hear the fire trucks last night?

Here's a few pics:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8748/20110226175152.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8501/20110226175147.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1455/20110226175141.jpg

So around 10-11am at work an older Japanese guy tows his car in saying he has all keys lost. I asked him what happened to the keys, he tells me his apartment caught on fire last night when he was asleep and the firemen rescued him to safety.

Japanese? Prolly fell asleep with a cigarette in his mouth.

sucks for sure. ironic thread, one of my good buddies just had his house burn to the ground friday night. woke up at 2am to smoke detectors, and half his house was on fire. he got the wife, 3 kids, dog, and his cars/motorcycle/tractor out of the garage but the house is a complete loss.

hard to imagine all your shit gone in an instant---clothes, furniture, computers, photos, jewelry, etc. at least everyone is safe. its a wake-up call for me to make sure my insurance is up to par. his house (nice sized lake house) was insured for twice its value, so he should have no problem financially. all the stuff that could be saved (mostly stuff in the basement) was taken out by an insurance disaster team to be cataloged, and cleaned. we simply removed all the firearms, ammunition, jewelry, and personal paperwork that the insurance company won't take.

was like walking through a warzone---we were there 16 hours later, and there was water dripping from everywhere. much of the water on the outside of the house was freezing up into ice. definitely sad, but not as bad as it could have been.

Insurance ftw.

Can sometimes be a good thing :cool:

Yup. Ive seen a lot of absolute nasty stuff burned up. (Do architectural drawings so they can start repairs/ replacement). If a certain few restoration companies get this job, I could be trudging through this mess soon.

Some people pretty much get a brand new house and all the crap to go in it.

Granted there are personal photos, ect that are almost always a lost cause.

Lock-boxes people, lol