Anyone interested in a wood finishing project?

Doc1647545523

If you have experience with black piano lacquer wood finishes, I have an unusual project that I'd like to leave with you. It's not a rush job, and I need top quality results.

Before I took this to a professional shop, I thought I'd offer it here, possibly save some money for me and help someone make some cash on the side.

PM me or post to the thread and we'll talk specifics. :)

• 3 months later...

Bump. Final chance. I've followed up with the recommendations that have been shared (thanks everyone), but I either don't hear back or find that no one has any lacquer experience.

This is a small paint job, think along the lines of a wooden machinist's box, about 12" x 26" x 20". I need it sanded (it is a new, undamaged surface) and done in piano black lacquer. If you have a dust-free area, such as a paint booth, it would be easier.

I'm not in a hurry for this, but need top quality work.

Any takers?

I would help you out, but I've got a few large, major refinishing things lined up for my family. Try looking at nicer antique shops. My family owned one for years and we did everything in house.

Hal, thanks for the offer. I've checked with a few antique restoration shops. Coup Restorations, who do piano finish restoration and repair, can do the work, but it's out of this world expensive. A few cabinet refinishers have said they're willing to try to do it, but don't guarantee results and admit that they haven't done this sort of thing before. I'm following up on a few new leads I got tonight.

Kevin, PM sent.

Cody, you've exceeded your daily post limit.