Good First Cars?

Brendon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't wreck my first, second, third, etc car on until about my 12th. It all depends on what you do with your car and how careful you are. If you go out and drive like you are invincible, yea it's gonna be smashed.

Are you sure?

never hit a curb or backed into someone parking..

ive never met one that didnt even if very minor..

but i guess there is a first for everything

Are you sure?

i never wrecked my first car. now my 2nd one on the other hand, its still going after several thousand dollars worth of repairs, but its been through hell.

if you can't any 3800s/c fwd gm would provide reliability and reasonably priced platform to mod on...

This. You could even go the granny route and get a Bonneville (that was my first car) or a Park Avenue.

They're shockingly quick, can go anywhere (don't ask how I discovered this), and very comfortable for whatever bouncy-bounce you may plan on in the future.

Mine blew up 5 years and 75,000 hard miles later.

Are you sure?

I bought my first car at 14 and was driving with temps by 14 yr. 9 mo. My first accident of any type was when I was 18. I was well into my car collection. My Dad had co-signed for my fist loan (1989 Camaro RS). I thought it was the greatest thing. I drove it for a few months then went off to Tech School. Early the next summer I came home and I was on a date with this girl. She said "I don't know how you drive this thing, I can't even see where it ends." A few minutes later as I pulled into a parking spot in a parking garage I smushed the nose on the wall. Splintered paint everywhere and as I backed up it popped back out. I didn't go out with her again after that jinx. lol

This. You could even go the granny route and get a Bonneville (that was my first car) or a Park Avenue.

They're shockingly quick, can go anywhere (don't ask how I discovered this), and very comfortable for whatever bouncy-bounce you may plan on in the future.

Mine blew up 5 years and 75,000 hard miles later.

That is a good amount of time driven with something that that.

EVERYONE wrecks there first car..

get something slow and cheap atleast for a year..

Yeah im on my 4th car and still no accidents, thank god, but i like think any DOHC vtec would be fast enough to satisfy him, but also isn't ridiculously fast to where he would wrap himself around a pole. unless he can't drive...

Yeah im on my 4th car and still no accidents, thank god, but i like think any DOHC vtec would be fast enough to satisfy him, but also isn't ridiculously fast to where he would wrap himself around a pole. unless he can't drive...

I'd be grateful for whatever I get, but being able to choose to a certain point would be awesome.

I'd be grateful for whatever I get, but being able to choose to a certain point would be awesome.

You have a good attitude. As far as wrecking goes, I think part of it is that without experience, it is hard for most young people to be able to grasp the fact that a beautiful sports car can turn into a pile of scrap in just a few seconds.

You have a good attitude. As far as wrecking goes, I think part of it is that without experience, it is hard for most young people to be able to grasp the fact that a beautiful sports car can turn into a pile of scrap in just a few seconds.

Thanks, I try. I can see that; makes sense.

Are you sure?

I'm 22, and I'm driving the same car I got when I turned 16. I've never hit a car, curb, tree or any other object. Just because you wrecked your first car doesn't mean everyone else has the same problem.

Buy something with the anticipation that they will get into an accident. My dad paid $200 for my first car (truck) that was smashed in the LR, for $500 at the yard we scored a bed/bumper/tailgate/hitch/alloy wheels and it turned out really nice.

Also make sure it is something that you will be able to sell if they do well with it and you decide to "upgrade" them. Dunno how you feel about that, but my parents took care of my first 3 cars 2 of which we profited on, 1 of which is my baby and will not be sold. My Dad just doesn't hold onto cars for long.

Just because you wrecked your first car doesn't mean everyone else has the same problem.

+1

I'm 24 and I've hit a couple deer, but nothing that was my fault. No accidents, no run-ins with curbs, poles, etc. Yeah I was a fucking idiot when I was 16, but that doesn't mean I was driving around town playing demo derby

We have two nissan altima's in the family. Both 99's. I have one in the garage right now it was the top of the line model with leather,sport wheels,all options you could get at the time. We are the original owner it now has 235,000 miles and it still runs like new with no rust. Still has the original starter and alternator. Uses no oil and no leaks. Also have a 99 with 130,000 miles looks and runs great. This is just my experiences with nissan cant say all of them are this good but the older altimas have been good daily drivers and winter cars for us.