Know anything about toyota 22ret motors?

Squidward

So I got the offer to trade my 22r for a complete 22ret. Motor wiring harness and computer. I know this might be a long shot around here but does anyone know if my current transmission from my 22re will fit the 22ret? Also if anyone does know these motors Id love to learn some more.

Lol... From the engine designation you're asking about, which is actually 22RTE, is the exact same motor, but turbo and FI.

this.

also, who in their right mind would trade a turbo efi for a carbed 22r? if you trade, make sure the other motor is mechanically sound.

22RTE 1986-1987 135@4800 173@2800 Turbocharged, Electronic Fuel Injection 7.5:1

22R 1981-1987 96@4800 129@2800 Carburetor 9.0:1

What tranny do you have now?

Heads are prone to corrosion in the water ports on the exhuast side. Very small distance between ports and fire ring of headgasket. Once they start going head failure is emminent. Proper cooling maintance can prevent this. Pretty common for the factory head castings to crack as well. They like to crack between the seats and from the exhuast ports into the main water jacket of the head. Not much you can do there...it will happen or it wont.

swap 22r to a 22rte (auto trans)

Nope, they will bolt up directly. Not sure if there will be a problem with connecting the trans to the throttle assembly...or if it even has one. But as for bolting together, transfer your flex plate etc over to the 22RTE and be good to go. Blocks are identical as far as mounting goes

this.

also, who in their right mind would trade a turbo efi for a carbed 22r? if you trade, make sure the other motor is mechanically sound.

Stock turbo motor vs. somewhat built N/A

And thanks for the help, I read on yotatech that there was a difference so decided to get more opinions.