Ammo Hard To Find?

ReconRat

The guys at work were talking about not being able to find ammo. Some of them are a bit excitable, but it's about what I expected. Demand exceeding supply. They are saying that a lot of ammo sizes and/or brands are gone. Both in stores and on-line. And prices are going up. It's happened before in the past.

Anybody else seeing this?

Just picked up some .45acp today first boxes I have seen in about 4 weeks in a chain store. Found it at dicks sporting goods. they had 6 boxes of .45 I only had enough for 2 boxes right now. they were out of most everything. They had some 9mm, 40cal. and the little bit of .45acp. no other hand gun rounds to be had? They were out of .308, and 7.62x39. Only had like 4 boxes of .223 and no buck shot or slugs in 12 or 20ga. Wallyworld by me has been out for months in .45 they once in awhile have a few boxes of 9 or 40. Yeah it getting bad out there.

Yeah, it's getting hard to find anything but .22 unless you want to pay alot for it. Forget WalMart, they are perpetually out.:mad: I think their trucks get ambushed before they get to the stores.

I was recently walking through Meijer and it surprised the hell out of me that they even sold ammo. I figured they didn't sell guns, why then have ammo? But their prices are high compared to WalMart. (then gain, does it matter how cheap it is if they don't have it?) Still, they had a nice quantity of 9mm. Others too. Mail order is still the way to go.

I was actually thinking about reloading my ammo now that it is hard to find.

Hmmm... Been thinking of picking up a handgun perhaps a Glock 9 mm

Are the handguns getting more difficult to buy as well?

No, handguns are easy to get...assuming you're not a felon.:rolleyes: Although even if you were I'm sure you could get one easily around 8th & Vine!

Try Georgia Arms and Double Tap ammo seems to be doing very well. I bought some 125gr JHP for my .357 and they claim that the velocity is 1600ft per second out of a 4inch barrel. I won't even mess with anything else although I am becoming a fan of the .357Sig round but it's expensive and hard to find in stores.

UH well if they had a vances with in 2 hours of me I might buy there. And do you like hot sauce with that holster? If they have any .380 I would be shocked. Hey right now I buy ammo where I can still find it. That is when the gun shops are not doubling the price like assholes. I just had to buy 2 boxes of .45 from dicks yesterday, but got it cheap 15.98 a box of 50 for umc 230gr fmj. with coupon.

9 mil is definatly the new .380 every where i go has 9X19 rounds. Meijers, Wally world (commies), and the gun shops. My Bersa thunder nine is sooo much fun to shoot, got it as a cheap gun to just beat the crap outta and fell in love with it. as far as theose other rounds go Bill goodmans G&N show(BRING A FRIEND! :lol:) is a great place for rounds and other goodies. I got 400 9 mil rounds for 50 bucks. and 300 hollow points for 55. just go to a show stock up for the year and call it a day.

UH well if they had a vances with in 2 hours of me I might buy there. And do you like hot sauce with that holster? If they have any .380 I would be shocked. Hey right now I buy ammo where I can still find it. That is when the gun shops are not doubling the price like assholes. I just had to buy 2 boxes of .45 from dicks yesterday, but got it cheap 15.98 a box of 50 for umc 230gr fmj. with coupon.

Eh, if you live outside 270 I'm of little use in this, but don't be stupid, of course I want hot sauce with the holster. I put that shit on everything!

I don't know about chain stores, but if you can find a locally owned enthusiast shop LIKE Vance' or Aumiller's, I would shop there for more reasons than just well stocked shelves. Dicks and Meijer order their shit based on sales history and projections and replenishing the .22 ammo isn't a high priority for them. A respectable firearms dealer wouldn't be caught dead without a few cases of the "normal" rounds. (anything common and/or NATO, the good stuff.)

(if anyone around c-town doesn't know Aumiller, he is the dude with the .50 machine gun on a tripod, complete with sandbag counterweights, pointing at the front door... look left as you enter, gets me hard every time I see it)

:sheepfucker:

I buy from a few local gun shops. they are not to bad on prices. $20 a box for .45acp, which aint the good stuff is my limit. 21 bucks for 50 rnds of pmc the other day. The next gun show up here is in Berea on the 21st, 22nd. I will be going to see what I can find in .45. Heck when I do find good deals online they are sold by the time I post them for others to look at.

My dad has been on an ammunition buying binge for nearly 3 months. I know he's not alone. Many people in the gun rights and hunting communities foresee the next path to gun control will be through heavy taxation on ammunition.

We/they just want to be stocked up before that happens :p

Well, I see no point in stocking up on self-defense ammo beyond maybe 200 rounds or so. The only time I have used hollow-point ammo at the range was to see if my glock would have trouble with it, which it didn't. Seriously, if you need 500 rounds of ammunition that you will only use in a self-defense situation, please move out of the 'hood.

www.sportsmansguide.com

ok deals...just plan on waiting a month..

ok maybe two months. it's not due in till May

No offense but you cant believe anything the sites are saying right now for reloading supplies or ammo. They are overrun and putting up anticipation dates. I have been waiting 3 weeks for an 8lb jug of powder to show up and I found out that some of the others who ordered the same time as me have been getting cancellation notices and others have been getting their shipments. Its a complete crap shoot at this point trying to get stuff.