iPad 2 looks promising....

Putty

Cant wait for the IPad 2 to come out, so I can buy an Ipad 1 :cool:

Thanks,

Eric

They dropped $100 yesterday. All of them.

The Xoom is looking more and more impressive

It's thick and heavy, man.

Sadly, I gotta say that once you get into the 10" screens and the portability factor has been taken away, weight then becomes huge for "Couchability". Making the iPad 2 thinner than the iPhone 4 is major. I held an iPhone yesterday and can't image something thinner. So I will be getting the new iPad and returning this Xoom. I'm a serious Android fan boy, but the support right now for apps is not there. Most of the apps I open come up in a size formatted for my EVO. What I do know is the iPad MUST be jailbroken to really enjoy it. Out of box Apple anything is simply horrible.

They dropped $100 yesterday. All of them.

It's thick and heavy, man.

Sadly, I gotta say that once you get into the 10" screens and the portability factor has been taken away, weight then becomes huge for "Couchability". Making the iPad 2 thinner than the iPhone 4 is major. I held an iPhone yesterday and can't image something thinner. So I will be getting the new iPad and returning this Xoom. I'm a serious Android fan boy, but the support right now for apps is not there. Most of the apps I open come up in a size formatted for my EVO. What I do know is the iPad MUST be jailbroken to really enjoy it. Out of box Apple anything is simply horrible.

I carry a 17" laptop that weighs 12lbs,just about everywhere i go, + 25lbs of camera equipment. I would HAPPILY drop the laptop for a 10" porta-screen that i can shove an SD card into.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/03/just-how-bad-is-the-ipad-2-camera/

It seems impossible for Apple to put a decent camera into anything but the iPhone, and despite many hopes, both cameras in the iPad 2 are about as rudimentary as you could get without having to load a roll of film in there.

In fact, the iPad 2’s camera has more in common with the low-res camera in the iPod Touch than it does to the rather excellent one in the iPhone 4.

The specs for the iPad’s rear-facing camera only lists one number: 720p. That should mean 1280 x 720 pixels, which gives a megapixel figure of 0.92, clearly useless for stills.

However, flip over to the iPod Touch camera specs and we see the following: “HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still photos (960 x 720) with back camera.” Yes, the Touch shoots stills at an even lower resolution than video, most likely because the wide-screen movie format is squared-off to shoot stills. The stills it produces are just shy of 0.7 megapixels, or about the same resolution as an early 1990s-era digital camera.

It’s extremely likely that the iPad 2 and the iPod Touch share the exact same camera (although we won’t know for sure until iFixit tears one open to see). It seems that it will be fine for movies, and bad for photos.

Then again, with the camera connection kit you can always just import images from a real camera. And for taking notes, snapping menus or grabbing pictures before grunging them up and sending them off to Instagram, it’ll do the trick.

Still, for a device that costs a minimum of $500, it would be nice to have a better image sensor, rather than these bottom-of-the-barrel ones Apple insists on using. Will we ever get one? It’s starting to look rather doubtful.

the more I think about it, this version of the iPad is not that big of a change, taking pics with an iPad seems silly to me anyway, the thing is huge in terms of how big camera's are. It would be awkward. I'm waiting until Apple puts a real screen in one like the iPhone4.

That is right, I'm disliking an Apple product, and I will speak with my wallet. I'm keeping my $$ and my iPad 1.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/03/just-how-bad-is-the-ipad-2-camera/

the more I think about it, this version of the iPad is not that big of a change, taking pics with an iPad seems silly to me anyway, the thing is huge in terms of how big camera's are. It would be awkward. I'm waiting until Apple puts a real screen in one like the iPhone4.

That is right, I'm disliking an Apple product, and I will speak with my wallet. I'm keeping my $$ and my iPad 1.

I'm thinking they popped the ipod touch 4's camera and stuff into the ipad 1 and called it an "upgrade"

Question from an apple ruhtard....can I put microsoft office, like excel and word, on an ipad1? I really want one and at $350 for a new one it's nearly a done deal, but I don't know if I would be able to stand not being able to use it for work away from the office, even as sparingly as it would be.

I'm not looking for a cheap laptop, I have a nice HP laptop, plus my desktop.

I like its size and interface, much like my iphone just larger screen for viewing. I just would like to be able to check my email w/ attachments, to open/view documents/excel spreadsheets and maybe make slight changes with the ipad, rather than lugging my laptop everywhere. From the couch to the lunch room, its just more convenient because of size, and the fact that its always on and has much better battery.

thanks for the info though. May look into tablets I guess.

Check out the docs to go app. We use that at work.. also you can use google docs on your iPad quite easily which will open Word/Excel/PPT etc.

Hmm...sounds good....but can you only open/view them, or can you edit/create them using those too?

Why does the formatting look different on my iphone vs my desktop? I mean I know the screen is tiny comparatively, but a couple of the lines of a document are off and stuff...any idea?

I bought one as well, speed is definitely noticeable from one to two however the smart cover is kinda annoying. I pretty much have to take the cover off when I want to hold the ipad in my hand because of the shape.