new rims on the poopra. photoshop guys help

mjrsplat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I would leave them silver. I don't understand the hate, but then I really like the look of a modern (boring) OEM wheel on an older car. Like Si wheels on an EF hatch. It's just a nice, clean, and simple look. Not every car needs 3 piece multi-colored 4" lip wheels.

How much did you pay for the wheels and tires? Do you still have the stock sawblades or meshies?

I would like to see the money you spent on these Nissan rims go towards even a cheap paint job. Keep it black, but get it prepped (do it yourself to save a buck) and check with Kevin Clifford on what sort of paint job you could get for $500.

I'd paint the mesh or stock wheels before I'd waste a dollar coloring Nissan wheels for a Toyota Supra that needs body work. IMHO you put your hard-earned money towards the wrong enhancement for your car.

Man everyone is HATIN hard.

If people would of saw this car when he got it, i think this thread would be going different ways. That car was beat to shit when he got it, and now it moves under its own power and shit. I bet 50% of the people on this board have never even done as much work to there car as he has that supra.

Keep on Hatin CR.

IN for the triple post. 3 pages and only 1 response that was actually helpful.

if a responsible mod exists on this site, feel free to lock this, this thread is worthless..

I gave you a helpful response. Not the one about people having sex with butt hole wheels, but the other one.

You have brought all of this upon yourself. Instead of dealing with some teasing you got all polly pisser pants and now people just give you shit to get a rise out of you.

Talking a bunch of trash about racing people and being new is a bad combo. Until you show up at a track day and put ups some numbers you should shut up.

Oh and insulting the mods is not a way to get any favors done.

I'm going to break this response into 4 parts.

1. I never once got upset about anything said on this forum, but I'm not one to sit there and shut up when people have shit to say about me. I can throw insults just as good as the next guy. If that makes me an easy target, so be it.

2. Talking trash? No sir thats where you are wrong. People talk trash to me, I step up to the plate, then I hear excuses.. I havent backed down, if anyone wants some they can come get it. Its not like i havent been out in the supra, plenty of people on here have seen it go. fubar and flybye have driven it.

3.As far as "insulting the mods" excuse me for stating this, but it seems like some of the mods dont act like moderators. Are you going to disagree with me on that point? I'd also like to state if they cant handle a simple comment from a noob like myself I feel bad for them.

All that being said, I feel that with 4 pages of responses and only 1 person willing to edit a photo, this thread has ran its course, feel free to lock it up.

Not a fan of the rims. Not really sure on painting them as you will be painting the car. For gloss black, I'd be tempted to leave them polished (or polish them if they haven't been, yet.)

The color of the car will be the same, just shinier.

Yeah, I would leave them silver. I don't understand the hate, but then I really like the look of a modern (boring) OEM wheel on an older car. Like Si wheels on an EF hatch. It's just a nice, clean, and simple look. Not every car needs 3 piece multi-colored 4" lip wheels.

I'm glad to see someone understands my subtle tastes.

How much did you pay for the wheels and tires? Do you still have the stock sawblades or meshies?

I would like to see the money you spent on these Nissan rims go towards even a cheap paint job. Keep it black, but get it prepped (do it yourself to save a buck) and check with Kevin Clifford on what sort of paint job you could get for $500.

I'd paint the mesh or stock wheels before I'd waste a dollar coloring Nissan wheels for a Toyota Supra that needs body work. IMHO you put your hard-earned money towards the wrong enhancement for your car.

Oh, youre one of those. toyota wheels belong on toyotas, nissan wheels belong on nissans. rumor has it there is a super low golf around here that has jeep wheels on it. OH NO! I personally dont see the problem with mixing brands around.

The fact is, sawblades look like shit even if theyre painted. Its like painting the hubcaps on a cavalier, it looks like crap IMO. As far as the volks, they needed refinished. They were pitted, one was bent, and they were completely the wrong offset for the car, not to mention they were ugly, so that's why they are gone.

As far as the body work is concerned, I know how to do body work and paint, I wouldn't have undertaken this car as a project if I didn't have the knowledge or the tools to fix it. The only issue doing the body work now, is I dont have the luxury of a huge heated shop to work in, only a nice cold garage. As far as prep work goes, it's best done at temperatures above 60°F.

In summary, Its my car, and I know what my plans and goals are for the car. These rims are the rims I wanted to put on the car, and I found them at a deal i couldnt pass up. So you're saying i should have told the seller to wait to sell them to me so i could wait for the weather to be warmer and start on body work? It doesn't work that way. The purchase made sense to me, but i guess it all comes back to the fact you cant see crossing brands on vehicles as justifiable. when you go out and buy dc shoes does that mean you buy pants, socks, underwear, shirts, a hoodie, and a hat to match? or do you think maybe you can look good in a different brand of jeans? just wondering.

Man everyone is HATIN hard.

If people would of saw this car when he got it, i think this thread would be going different ways. That car was beat to shit when he got it, and now it moves under its own power and shit. I bet 50% of the people on this board have never even done as much work to there car as he has that supra.

Keep on Hatin CR.

Shane as I stated before, haters are everywhere. I'm not bothered by it, afterall, this is the internet, people are on here to gain the courage to say shit they can only say behind a keyboard. I troll on the internet too, I can't stay mad at them. I appreciate the compliments, but they will probably troll on you now for driving, riding in, or even generally being around my supra.

/thread

I'm going to break this response into 4 parts.

1. I never once got upset about anything said on this forum, but I'm not one to sit there and shut up when people have shit to say about me. I can throw insults just as good as the next guy. If that makes me an easy target, so be it.

2. Talking trash? No sir thats where you are wrong. People talk trash to me, I step up to the plate, then I hear excuses.. I havent backed down, if anyone wants some they can come get it. Its not like i havent been out in the supra, plenty of people on here have seen it go. fubar and flybye have driven it.

3.As far as "insulting the mods" excuse me for stating this, but it seems like some of the mods dont act like moderators. Are you going to disagree with me on that point? I'd also like to state if they cant handle a simple comment from a noob like myself I feel bad for them.

All that being said, I feel that with 4 pages of responses and only 1 person willing to edit a photo, this thread has ran its course, feel free to lock it up.

The color of the car will be the same, just shinier.

I'm glad to see someone understands my subtle tastes.

Oh, youre one of those. toyota wheels belong on toyotas, nissan wheels belong on nissans. rumor has it there is a super low golf around here that has jeep wheels on it. OH NO! I personally dont see the problem with mixing brands around.

The fact is, sawblades look like shit even if theyre painted. Its like painting the hubcaps on a cavalier, it looks like crap IMO. As far as the volks, they needed refinished. They were pitted, one was bent, and they were completely the wrong offset for the car, not to mention they were ugly, so that's why they are gone.

As far as the body work is concerned, I know how to do body work and paint, I wouldn't have undertaken this car as a project if I didn't have the knowledge or the tools to fix it. The only issue doing the body work now, is I dont have the luxury of a huge heated shop to work in, only a nice cold garage. As far as prep work goes, it's best done at temperatures above 60°F.

In summary, Its my car, and I know what my plans and goals are for the car. These rims are the rims I wanted to put on the car, and I found them at a deal i couldnt pass up. So you're saying i should have told the seller to wait to sell them to me so i could wait for the weather to be warmer and start on body work? It doesn't work that way. The purchase made sense to me, but i guess it all comes back to the fact you cant see crossing brands on vehicles as justifiable. when you go out and buy dc shoes does that mean you buy pants, socks, underwear, shirts, a hoodie, and a hat to match? or do you think maybe you can look good in a different brand of jeans? just wondering.

Shane as I stated before, haters are everywhere. I'm not bothered by it, afterall, this is the internet, people are on here to gain the courage to say shit they can only say behind a keyboard. I troll on the internet too, I can't stay mad at them. I appreciate the compliments, but they will probably troll on you now for driving, riding in, or even generally being around my supra.

/thread

Your obviously up set

lock me in for 20 on that Supra

Your obviously up set

lock me in for 20 on that Supra

yes i have been crying hysterically ever since i read these responses and fubar231 is coming over to keep all the sharp objects, chemicals, and ropes away from me till i calm down.

as for that 20

we can work something out. :bangbang:

yes i have been crying hysterically ever since i read these responses and fubar231 is coming over to keep all the sharp objects, chemicals, and ropes away from me till i calm down.

as for that 20

we can work something out. :bangbang:

nothing needs worked out, ill bring what I got and you bring what you have. That simple.

That is what I was thinking, sounds like some back tracking fun...

back tracking? no. I would be more than happy to go for it if we can negotiate a fair race. My car is heavy as fuck and a tire fryer, so a roll race would be fair. if that can be negotiated, then consider it locked in.

back tracking? no. I would be more than happy to go for it if we can negotiate a fair race. My car is heavy as fuck and a tire fryer, so a roll race would be fair. if that can be negotiated, then consider it locked in.

You lack the skill to pilot your car from a dig ?