website advice.

macpyro2

I have been shooting MMA events for about a year and a half now and long story short I need a website for my photography. I just need to be pointed into the right direction. Where's a good place to host or buy it from stuff like that.

lol you're getting some pretty bad advice so far.

1. Buy a domain from either godaddy or namecheap. I prefer namecheap unless you have a $1 coupon for godaddy..

2. Find some shared hosting, I recommend hostgator

3. Inside your cpanel you'll find "fantastico" use it to install wordpress.

There are so many free themes related to photography you shouldn't have any problem finding one you like.

• Downvote 1

Wordpress is the way to go. :)

Dont get godaddy, god they suck.

Decide what functions you want out of a host before just randomly picking somone.

One-Click installs are really nice.

Currently i am with dreamhost (been with dreamhost for 5years), i have used Brinkster (was a customer for 10 years).

Wordpress plugins are amazing, and there are a metric shit ton of themes for photography out there.

There is alot of talk on New School of Photography about this exact subject.

Whatever you do stay away from dreamhost and 1and1

edit-google and you will see why

google vs my last 5 years with them, are two different things. I want to know why YOU think they are bad. What is your personal experience with them?

google vs my last 5 years with them, are two different things. I want to know why YOU think they are bad. What is your personal experience with them?

Database problems. Shit was always fucking up. this was a few years ago but judging by the talks of people on some of the web related forums I visit, they are still horrible. don't get your panties in a bunch.

I'm glad you haven't, but most people have.

Search around a bit and find a host that feels right for you. I've had a bunch of different shared hosting plans and so far the best has been hostgator.

I have heard good things about hostgator as well. have never used them though.

Database problems. Shit was always fucking up. this was a few years ago but judging by the talks of people on some of the web related forums I visit, they are still horrible. don't get your panties in a bunch.

I wasnt getting my panties in a bunch, i was asking for reasons. I am always shopping for good pricing and better customer service.

I have 10 websites i am responible for, so i like to stay with good hosts.

I have heard good things about hostgator as well. have never used them though.

There's always some one that has had a bad experience, but it just seems the majority of the time it's either dreamhost or 1and1. hostgator is priced nice and their support is fantastic.