Ruh Roh Tressel?

Sturg1647545502

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats why I put "NVM". BTW I read the emails, it looks a lot worse then I thought. He was lying through his teeth this whole time. He knew players were selling shit off, I don't have an issue with them selling it and I really don't blame him for staying quiet about it, but the NCAA is not gonna be happy about this and I dont think the self imposed sanctions are gonna be enough.

yeah thats why I put "NVM". BTW I read the emails, it looks a lot worse then I thought. He was lying through his teeth this whole time. He knew players were selling shit off, I don't have an issue with them selling it and I really don't blame him for staying quiet about it, but the NCAA is not gonna be happy about this and I dont think the self imposed sanctions are gonna be enough.

Players selling their personal memorabilia is nothing new, Lou Holtz said every top 25 team in the country knows it is and was happening, it was the loophole for a long time to get cash into players hands.

The NCAA needs competition, someone needs to create a new collegiate oversight organization to regulate the monopoly on college sports cash revenues, and put some more honesty into the system.

Tressel is a great guy, even this wont smeer his legacy. However if this effects his recuiting he will be in trouble, it is his bread and butter, he is a recuiter first and a coach second (pretty obvious on the field).

I love how Tressel was cut off when he started to respond "yes" when a reporter asked him if he forwarded those emails onto someone else. There is much more to this than what OSU has released already. If a real investigation is done by the NCAA, I am sure they will find a lot more.

NCAA Death Penalty? I kid, I kid....

Silence! I kill you!

If they come down harder on OSU than they did for USC and others it will look bad. Reggie Bush freaking took houses and cars and they did not get the death penalty.

Now the national media is all over this becaus it is Ohio State and they just love a reason to try and bring them down.

I think these jokers at Yahoo have an agenda trying to bring down certain programs like USC, and OSU. Why not dig around some of the other big schools? You think Texas is clean?

There is a really good artical in SI this month about criminals in the top 25 programs in college sports. Very funny who the number one program on that list is, what the players have done, and the fact you don't hear a word about it.

ESPN and NCAA should join a local fair because they are both clowns.

NCAA hates big ten. period.

Osu' date=' they hate osu[/quote']

Really? You guys are idiots. lol I'm sure they hate having a school that makes sooo much money for the sport.

Here I go, my turn. OH NOOOOOOOEEESSS!!! THe NCAA hates USC!

I don't doubt most of the schools out there wouldn't be reprimanded if investigated, however, it's only the ones who get caught. And big schools are gonna have the most hater's eyes on it waiting for them to slip up, for example, OSU and USC.

The state is about to cut a ton of funding to the University, we are preparing for it here at CSCC. Also the University is set to change from Quarters to Semesters in Autumn Quarter 2012, and with that will come a decrease in enrollment. More lost money. Combine that with declining OSU Football revenue from a coach that isn't recruiting as well as he used to do...

Remember The football program floats all other sports at the college. Finically if Jim can't bring in the $$$ he will be fired in the long run depending what the NCAA decides to do. Not saying it's likely, but possible.