5.0 "Cammed" Idle video

BradyPPC

No real performance gains. It is strictly idle only. TiVCT allows independant cam timing both the intake and exhaust valves across the entire rpm range. So the idle angles have no affect on the wot angles....Also, it has nothing to do with the "Track key". I have never even seen that file...

So are you saying that you just changed the cam phasers at idle? or did you actually put cams in? If thats just adjusting the cam timing in the tune that is really cool.

So are you saying that you just changed the cam phasers at idle? or did you actually put cams in? If thats just adjusting the cam timing in the tune that is really cool.

Yes, the new 5.0 has variable intake & exhaust phase. I am really loving these new 5.0's!!!

Yes, the new 5.0 has variable intake & exhaust phase. I am really loving these new 5.0's!!!

I know they are, it was just that he put "cammed" in the title. He tricked me. I don't know about the new Ford, but the new LS motors with variable cam timing have aftermarket support in the way of custom cams and phase limiters, just sayin. I still think that tuning and making it sound that way is really cool.

I know they are, it was just that he put "cammed" in the title. He tricked me. I don't know about the new Ford, but the new LS motors with variable cam timing have aftermarket support in the way of custom cams and phase limiters, just sayin. I still think that tuning and making it sound that way is really cool.

Yes, it's a very "European" motor, therefore, I think it rocks! :D

Finally a US company figured out how to put technology to good use.

Does it cause any issues with stalling?

No issues with stalling but we are still testing at this point.

Also just to clarify, this only affects the idle portion. When I say there are no performance gains, I mean with making the lopey idle. There are very good gains with our custom tune across the board. The idle lope portion neither adds or detracts from that....

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds sick! I love the fact that you get the sound of some rowdy cams plus some performance all for the price of a tune, with the ability to set it back to stock for any reason such as warranty work. Any videos of bringing it up from idle and letting it fall back into it?

That sounds sick! I love the fact that you get the sound of some rowdy cams plus some performance all for the price of a tune, with the ability to set it back to stock for any reason such as warranty work. Any videos of bringing it up from idle and letting it fall back into it?

Here you go. I have also teamed up with Jon Lund to distribute the tune files through Lund Racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzN5xr7o6E&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a_R6Fw_vOU&hd=1