Fork Seal

Ron Burgundy

i blew a folk seal on my 07 honda 600.. i would like to get them replaced but its going to cost me $110 to get new ones put in for both forks! :mad: does anyone know where i could get them done for cheaper or maybe they can do them themselves? thanks

That's a fair price !! If you don't have the right compression tools it sucks.

If someone walks you through it , that has the tools and does it with you, give them some money anyways :cheers: ! I Hate doing fork seals !!!

Do you know how you blew them already ? Do you strap your bike down in trucks and trailers or slam down highway speed wheelies ? Figure out if you have an issue and maybee you can avoid it happening again so quick !

It also sucks the first time you tear the seal installing them, and have to do them over, or the seal is defective from jump and don't know it ? Or you don't measure the fluid or adjusters correctly ??

I always think it's better to do your own wrenching, and this is no exception, sooooo good luck whatever you decide !!

Do you know how you blew them already ? Do you strap your bike down in trucks and trailers or slam down highway speed wheelies ? Figure out if you have an issue and maybee you can avoid it happening again so quick !

he tried to stick a fork up his butt and blew the seal. he such a silly faggot.

i blew a folk seal on my 07 honda 600.. i would like to get them replaced but its going to cost me $110 to get new ones put in for both forks! :mad: does anyone know where i could get them done for cheaper or maybe they can do them themselves? thanks

Who gave you that price? I will have them do mine too!

Ron... Be careful. $110 is really cheap. Are they doing both forks? Are they doing a complete cleaning and fresh oil? Are they using cross hatch on the tubes? Point is that if they simply pull them off and only do the one that is leaking and don't do the extra work needed, it's a BIG waste of money.

Ron... Be careful. $110 is really cheap. Are they doing both forks? Are they doing a complete cleaning and fresh oil? Are they using cross hatch on the tubes? Point is that if they simply pull them off and only do the one that is leaking and don't do the extra work needed, it's a BIG waste of money.

he will be doing all of that, i know the owner pretty good and he gets alot of business from my family, he just did my cousins forks and they did a great job! :badgerrock:

he will be doing all of that, i know the owner pretty good and he gets alot of business from my family, he just did my cousins forks and they did a great job! :badgerrock:

is mark doing it?? if so he knows his shit. he will do a fine job i know a few others he has done.

• 2 weeks later...

THat's pretty cheap for two. Me and my club bro (BBBUSA) did our Busa's last yr our self. We did save some but not much. Unless you like tinkering around I would shell out the $110. You'll also need a special compression tool or make your own like we did.

BBBUSA mod together a homemade cylinder compression rings from Home Depot part used to clasp the fork cartridge while compressing with tie down straps. Only other tools really needed is a long tube syringe you can by from Mjiers to replace the fork oil to a specified level and a thin piece of wire to hold the push rod.

DSC01021.jpg