First Impressions of my new BMW

TurboNova

Well as most know I worked a deal with Vince (Nurkvinny) for the turbo bmw. I wanted to thank vince for being a straight forward guy and willing to help with any question or at least try and get them answered.

I got it with a slight stumble and some idle issues. The car had been sitting for a while and figured it could use some maintenance items.

I went to Autozone and got oil and filter and coolant. Went home changed oil and flushed coolant. I then went to Jegs and picked up some new NGK TR6 plugs,dist cap, rotor and wires. I gapped the plugs to .30 and fired it up. Ill be damned if the car did not idle near perfect and have great throttle response. Figured id idle it around the neighborhood and check out the transmission to see how well it shifted and it was super crisp and firm. The boost controller off and wastegate spring at 13# put a big grin on my face. I cant see a single reason at this point while driving this light ass car to turn the boost up past 13#. I ordered a new set of drag radials for the car today and will be installing them next week. The car gets absolutley no traction at this point it just blitzs the tires once the boost hits.

Only plans at this point is putting an appointment together to have Andy (audion19s) come out to machine polish/buff the black and get some swirls out of the paint. And then I am going to clean engine bay and powder coat some items.

Very pleased with car, thanks again Vince and Sam. I am sure like everything else it will be for sale in a couple years for someone else to enjoy for a while

Edited by TurboNova

Ill proly bring it out there and run it on the wastegate and pump, make some 12 sec passes :). Still have not put any miles on car to see how it drives on street but plan on doing that once I mount the new skins on it. Right now there are belts showing through the DR....thanks sam :p

I only said I never took it out of the driveway. I never said how I raped the tires in said driveway.

J/K man. The only WOT I saw with it was of the unplanned variety.

Unplanned WOT can lead to unplanned brown trout in your undroos.

Good to know. Especially with a 125 kit sitting 10' away on an S10 that never moves.

:cool:

I ran about 100 bottles through my 89 gt and never had a problem the motor was still fine when i pulled it with 160k on it

damn just got the car, and already get called out. :)

I feel the same way with mine, havent even got the good tune in it, but yet owning a turbo car puts a bullseye on your tail end. thought i throw it the other way for once..lol