Lettuce discuss getaway/vacation ideas...

macpyro2

So finals are over and I am going to be free for the next two weeks and in need to get away. I was supposed to do a TDY to New Orleans this week but that trip got changed so I need some ideas for me and the girl. I don't care where and a beach place would be nice but I don't really care because im usually at one about every month or so. I have a few ideas we have been bouncing around like New York, Boston and Nashville and since iv been wanting to see the Kings home we are also thinking about Memphis and staying on Beale at a really nice place my parents stayed at. I am open to anything though, the more "Odd" probably the better.

Only reason you'd go to Boston this time of year is to rent a car and drive to all the MA/ME/VT/NH breweries to see what awesome new seasonal brews you can preview.

I've heard Austin TX is a pretty happenin place and with SXSW wrapping up I bet lodging/airfare is inexpensive.

If you're thinking Memphis & Nashville, the Corvette Museum is on the way at Bowling Green, KY. Also, you could do the "Bourbon Tour" either based out of Lexington, or just along the way. You will also be near Mammoth Cave National Park in KY - could make for a pretty full tour.