Tree removal?

turbospec29

I've done this quite a few times with my dad. Rented a stump grinder once, and it sucks, I'd still have someone come out and do that part.

Depending on the tree, it it's smaller, just pull it out with a truck then cut it up on the ground. Or if its bigger, watch a few episodes of "Ax men" in order to learn the proper back-cutting and wedging procedures with the chainsaw, and go to town.

Generally pretty easy, just hard work sawing and splitting larger trees.

As far as recommendations, Arbaughs is who we've used, with good results.

how much were you quoted? there was a company in the neighborhood last fall going door to door, took down a tall skinny tree, ground down its stump, a large stump in my front yard (18" or so), and a crab apple stump in my back yard for like $150...i talked them down a bit since they were already in the neighborhood doing everyone elses houses, and it wasnt like they were making a special trip. took down the tree in about 5 min, stumps took another ~10-15...ive got their cards upstairs

If the tree is down I do it myself. If it isn't on the ground and is near anything of value....like the house ....I get a tree service. I use Adam's tree care. But that's up here in the country. DITTO on how much it sucks to grind it yourself. Be sure any quote includes all clean-up.

It's a tall tree, close enough to the house to hit if it fell the wrong way. I was quoted 800 bucks though and feel like that's a bit much....

I had a huge tree in front of my house tearing up my sidewalk. I had several estimates done and it ended up costing me $800 for complete removal and stump grinding for the second-cheapest company (the cheapest seemed a little flaky and was only about $100 less). Sounds about right based on my experience. There were about 5 guys involved and they worked half the day or more.

We just took down two pine trees and a weird dead tree in my friends front yard. One of the pine trees was taller than a two story house. We actually used an electric chainsaw, (the gas one had a weak chain on it) It took a total of about 8 hours for all three trees to take down and another 3 hours for cleanup(2 people). The stumps are still there, my dad will most likely go back and take them out with an ax and shovel by hand because he is insane. We did this all for free since she is a friend and just bought this house, I will get some video up of the trees falling. The second one was pretty scary we took all the limbs off as high as we could get his ladder (which is huge) then cut the bottom ax men style. We did have a rope attached at the top, to help pull it away from the house just in case.

We had 11 pine trees in our yard at home and we took them all out over a period of 6 years, so we def have experience doing this.