Tressel To Voluntarily Sit 5 Games

Bigbird

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/ohio-state-coach-jim-tressel-extends-suspension-to-five-games-after-ncaa-denies-appeal-031711

Motherfuck. I didn't know the appeal got shot down too. A lot of people on message boards are saying the NCAA is going to lay the hammer down and suspend him for the season. Mike, can you weigh in?

And, from the article.

"The NCAA could vacate the 2010 season because Tressel knowingly used ineligible players."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they also think that the appeal would get the suspension dropped to 4 games? Honestly you could be 100% correct. I'm not real up to date on all of this because I was pretty much dead to the world (got my tonsils out) when the whole Tressel thing broke.

Didn't they also think that the appeal would get the suspension dropped to 4 games? Honestly you could be 100% correct. I'm not real up to date on all of this because I was pretty much dead to the world (got my tonsils out) when the whole Tressel thing broke.

A few did but really since late January most have thought it was going to stay at 5. Then the Tressel stuff coming to light obviously cemented it staying at 5. Obviously everyone who isn't an OSU fan wants us to get absolutely slammed for this but the NCAA showed with both the Cam Newton deal and our players remaining eligible for the Sugar Bowl that they don't really give a shit what the public thinks.

Is it just me or did anyone notice non of the games were with the big ten teams???

The 5th game is against Michigan St. That will be tough. Then working the guys back into the lineup @ Nebraska is going to be interesting.

I thought they decided to suspend 5 or 6 others for the 1st 5 games, too, including Pryor. Before, I thought it was only going to be the first 2 games.

Pryor, Adams, Herron, Posey and Solomon Thomas are out for the first 5. Jordan Whiting is out for the first game. That was the NCAA ruling from December. We appealed it looking for a reduction and they announced the upholding of those suspensions last night. With that news Tressel requested that he be sat down for 5 games as well instead of the 2 that he was initially suspended for by OSU. The NCAA still has to give a final ruling on Tressel but it seems as if probation will be all that is added on.

Pryor, Adams, Herron, Posey and Solomon Thomas are out for the first 5. Jordan Whiting is out for the first game. That was the NCAA ruling from December. We appealed it looking for a reduction and they announced the upholding of those suspensions last night. With that news Tressel requested that he be sat down for 5 games as well instead of the 2 that he was initially suspended for by OSU. The NCAA still has to give a final ruling on Tressel but it seems as if probation will be all that is added on.

Ok, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

He was volunteered by the ncaa to sit 5.

Gotta say this 'wording' paints a bit of a different light than the way some others would have you believe. ;) If you catch my drift. I think the entire NCAA should get be punished. lol Just cuz USC was.

Welp... guess there are some "bad vibes" out there right now over this...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/03/24/0324-tressels-emails-forwarded-to-pryors-mentor-in-pennsylvania.html?sid=101&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Going to be a lot more coverage of that nationally by the morning. This could actually end up taking Tressel down...

Isnt it the Dispatch that broke this story? Dispatch needs to stop meddling in this. OSU will shut down that 1 star paper quicker than your can say Tressel knew about this all along.

Yahoo "broke" the initial Tressel story. But OSU and the NCAA had already been looking into the e-mails for almost 2 months. Another problem that people are realizing with all of this is that there seem to be some serious leaks in the NCAA office.

Welp... guess there are some "bad vibes" out there right now over this...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/03/24/0324-tressels-emails-forwarded-to-pryors-mentor-in-pennsylvania.html?sid=101&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Going to be a lot more coverage of that nationally by the morning. This could actually end up taking Tressel down...

This will not take Tressel down. He makes way to much money for the school for a small incident like this. USC did not lose any money when Bush had his Heisman taken away...neither will OSU. This will be forgotten before the season is over. I see a couple of these guys getting pissed and going pro...they missed the draft declaration, but not the supplimental...

OSU will shut down that 1 star paper quicker than your can say Tressel knew about this all along.

You don't know who the Wolfe family is do you?

Quite possibly more powerful in Columbus than Wexner.

I see a couple of these guys getting pissed and going pro...they missed the draft declaration, but not the supplimental...

Why would some of the kids responsible for this who have already stuck it out this long essentially bail and lose money by going into a supplemental draft for a league that is currently having a lockout? Their case is done. It's 5 games and that's it. That wouldn't make a ton of sense.

No me gusta.

The NCAA needs to put the microscope on auburn and every other big winning school next.

Nah dude, they gotta go after OSU because our players sold their own stuff. Words like "dirty" and "criminal" come to mind when I think about what these kids did...not.