Fishing?

armin922

So i know some of you fish. Who on here would like to set up a fishing day outing? What do you fish for and where? I know if you have a sacred spot, you wont give it up. I sure as hell wouldnt to the public, but if we go for an outing then hopefully we can sleigh whatever we fish for out there. I know crappie season is around the corner, so I plan on fishing for crappie. I have waders so I also bass fish and etc. and I mostly fish at night for catfish. Lets see all the fishermen on here.

But I fish like sonofabitch (or used too). Might be game for an outing once the Crappie turn on (May), I know a couple spots on Griggs that always produce year-after-year. Despite the myth's the entire Scioto north of the Dublin rd water treatment plant is an incredible fishery...South of treatment plant not so much.

Right now there's people up @ alum catching Musky/S-eye pretty good below the spillway, should really heat up over the next few weeks.

Check ohiogamefishing.com for reports and such, im on there (along with several others from this board) under the same SN('s)

If you guys need any specifics on bait/presentations/spots (to an extent) ask away, this is far from a public board.

Flathead from Griggs a while back:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=27305&size=1

Nice Smallie from the Scioto:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=28270&size=1

Edited by acklac7

I say we do a CR tournament. One regular avid fishermen in a boat with one less experienced CR member who wants to participate. I have a 16' Lund with livewell, finder, and trolling motor to use. I love to fish but never catch shit!

I call dibs on acklac07 as a partner since he obviously does something right;)

I generally fish for carp lately it seems, I have a few buddies I usually go with. I figure if I'm not keeping what I catch, I might as well catch the biggest fish I can. They're a ton of fun, and they RUN like crazy once they're hooked.

Hopefully this picture works, but this was from last weekend, a 12lb 9oz fish:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200533_633254840567_50610965_34530733_3499271_n.jpg

And that's small for the average carp caught. They aren't even kinda "big" until at least 20lbs, and one of my friends caught a 40 last year. That was by far the largest carp I've seen in person.

I enjoy fishing quite a bit. Day or night. I lost my secret spot recently to development and I'm in search of one, now. THere are a couple little spots I like to go on the river and Delaware lake.

I actually plan on trying to get my master angler pin this year. Probably start off with carp as I know there are some huge ones right here at Blue Limestone park, they're both easy and fun as hell to catch. Also, it'll give me a good confidence booster before moving on the the next qualifying fish.

@SPankis - They have some decent size carp like the one you're holding in two kinda secret ponds behind blue limestone here in Delaware. THere are actually 3 ponds but most only know of the 1 they stock trout in. I will say this, I haven't seen a carp here that even comes close to matching the sizes we used to catch down in Texas. :eek: 40+lb carp are not unheard of and I've both seen and caught bigger. Corn/maize is what I generally use, though I've used prepared baits, especially strawberry flavored doughs and corns. Works well for buffalo, too, however I don't even know if you guys have Buffalo up here.

I enjoy fishing quite a bit. Day or night. I lost my secret spot recently to development and I'm in search of one, now. THere are a couple little spots I like to go on the river and Delaware lake.

I actually plan on trying to get my master angler pin this year. Probably start off with carp as I know there are some huge ones right here at Blue Limestone park, they're both easy and fun as hell to catch. Also, it'll give me a good confidence booster before moving on the the next qualifying fish.

@SPankis - They have some decent size carp like the one you're holding in two kinda secret ponds behind blue limestone here in Delaware. THere are actually 3 ponds but most only know of the 1 they stock trout in. I will say this, I haven't seen a carp here that even comes close to matching the sizes we used to catch down in Texas. :eek: 40+lb carp are not unheard of and I've both seen and caught bigger. Corn/maize is what I generally use, though I've used prepared baits, especially strawberry flavored doughs and corns. Works well for buffalo, too, however I don't even know if you guys have Buffalo up here.

I have a killer pond just north of Delaware to show you. Great for warmup.

I generally fish for carp lately it seems, I have a few buddies I usually go with. I figure if I'm not keeping what I catch, I might as well catch the biggest fish I can. They're a ton of fun, and they RUN like crazy once they're hooked.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200533_633254840567_50610965_34530733_3499271_n.jpg

And that's small for the average carp caught. They aren't even kinda "big" until at least 20lbs, and one of my friends caught a 40 last year. That was by far the largest carp I've seen in person.

what do carp bite on? ive NEVER had luck carp fishing. you can see them in the water but they just never bite.

Is that leibs island in millersport, right where the park is?

ImUrOBGYN - We generally use flavored dough baits (boilies), or flavored corn kernels, both presented on what is called hair rig, with the bait actually below the hook. We also use method feeding, where you pack a kind of "chum" around an in-line sinker, to form a pile very near to the the presented bait on the bottom. Also, there are buffalo in Ohio, I've personally only caught them on the Ohio river, out east, but there are plenty of them out there. From what I understand they respond to the same presentation as carp, but prefer much much sweeter flavors.

Here is the only pic I have of a Buffalo from our last trip to the Ohio River:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x33/spankis/Fishing/DSC_0528.jpg

You can see that they are COVERED in slime. Your net will basically harden from all the slime they leave in it if you leave it out in the sun.

And to everybody asking where that first picture of me was taken, it's actually Brooks Park on buckeye lake, which is across from Liebs Island. Liebs is on the north side, Brooks is on the South, but both on the west end of the lake. We basically alternate between the two areas, depending on conditions.

Just to give you an idea of how these fish put on weight, this is my friend with a 23lb fish:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x33/spankis/Fishing/DSC_0061-edited.jpg

You can see that 10 lbs makes quite a bit of difference over the 12 lb fish I have.

I would be down for this. I usually goto my step dads, friends far pond. The local rivers suck due to them always being low. Buckeye ocean is right down the road from me but its always so damn packed, never have luck there.

The local rivers kick ass. When you wanna learn let me know. lol

Lmfao you must know of some sweet spots because last time I went the water wasn't even ankle high....I usually got by Staddens bridge and catch cat, would rather go somewhere and catch bass though

Get ahold of me then. Staddens is closed to public now. Signs posted everywhere.

2-3 weeks once the rivers calm down. Small mouth galore.

i was close...my friends dad lives on liebs island and me and her use to fish right there at the park area on the left side going onto the island, before you hit that bar (i think its called the island house now, but i remember it being something else)...those houses across the lake in your pic look the same