Salvage Title Inspection

Squidy

Hey everybody,

I wasn’t sure where else to post this thread and I was unable to locate anything through the almighty "Search" function.

My bike has a salvage title and I’m shooting to have it inspected sometime this week at the Westchester,OH station. Has anybody had their bike inspected here? Anything I should watch for or be concerned about? I have repaired everything besides a few dings in the plastics. All the turn signals are repaired to a functional state with nothing hanging off the bike. The only thing I do not have yet is mirrors..

I'd really hate to go up there and them shut me down just to have to pay another $50 to get it inspected again.

Thanks ahead of time,

Danny

I had one inspected. It didnt take 5 minutes.If your turnsignals work and tires are ok. you are good to go. Mainly they want to make sure the vin # matches the title. They are looking for stolen bikes/bike parts.

Good luck Steve

I had one inspected. It didnt take 5 minutes.If your turnsignals work and tires are ok. you are good to go. Mainly they want to make sure the vin # matches the title. They are looking for stolen bikes/bike parts.

Good luck Steve

I called them. its pretty basic.

Did you also know you can ride it to the inspection?

As long as you have your inspection scheduled you may ride it to the inspection site. and then from there directly to titleoffice/BMV.

1) Your bike must be road worthy.

2) You must have all reciepts for all parts you put on the bike. E-bay reciepts will not work (because most of the used parts on E-bay are stolen of course...e-bay is the best chop shop on the net), you need a real reciept from a business. If you have parts on your bike, that you do not have documentation for, they can (and I promise you they WILL) confiscate them.

Honestly, a salvage inspection has 1% to do with safety and 99% to do with finding stolen parts. If you have your paperwork in order, it's a brease but if you don't, it can play hell on you. I have had many many cars and bikes inspected and never had a problem... but I also know a lot of dumbshits that tried to slide something through that got burned. I know a guy who was building a salvaged Harley. He had documentation for everything except the chrome clutch cover he bought at a swap meet. Well, they confiscated the cover, and since it holds oil in... the bike had to stay there till he could get another with legit paperwork.

Good luck man.

Edited by blacktalon606