Getting bored with my GTI. New car help: 20k limit

Aaron

As the title states, I am getting tired of my car. I have had 3 of them (06 GTI DSG, 08 Rabbit 5 speed and current 09 gti 6 speed) and been driving them since middle of 2007. Time for a change.

I recently went for a round of test drives and it has sparked my interest in a new car. I drove the new 5.0 and loved it, but base model with brembo is 32k.

The stipulations are AWD or RWD

Manual trans only, no dsgay, no paddle shifters, manual only

reliable

faster than my gti (mid 14)

Remember I am a big guy (6'6" and 325), so no miata's or s2000's. Don't fit in c5's or c6's either.

Is there such a car?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAH

Something else to worry about:

You will be going from an under warranty car to something you will be daily driving with no warranty possibly.....

If you want all of those and new/under warranty you might as well give up now. If you go to E46, be sure you are comfortable doing services (ie valve service) yourself or have a good friend or indy shop.

A nice e46 m3

I was just looking at those. I do like them.

Something else to worry about:

You will be going from an under warranty car to something you will be daily driving with no warranty possibly.....

If you want all of those and new/under warranty you might as well give up now.

This is understood. I am open to no warranty, just not thrilled.

I know its tough, but can't hurt to look around.

v6 stang then tt after you get bored ?

No thanks.

That's actually not a bad idea....

V6 Stang w/ Track pack or whatever that gets the brembo's.

Part of me says buying a new stang without the 5.0 is just dumb though. :(

Agreed. Especially since the 2011's are already showing up with less than 10k miles for 27-29.9k at dealers.

The M3 is low on the list for potential maint cost. And a 9 year old car is too old for me.

GTO

High on the list.

I ninja edited

go test drive a goat.. you might be surprised how much you like it.

I have driven a few GTO's. I did like them. Seats were very comfortable and the interiors are pretty nice overall.

It is certainly high on my list.