Getting bored with my GTI. New car help: 20k limit

Aaron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get a cobalt...can't be any slower then the turd you own

Hell I've got a srt4 for sale that meets urneeds minus rwd or awd but it'll blow the doors off all that is mentioned in this thread... oh and it was adult driven never been raced...

I recently went for a round of test drives and it has sparked my interest in a new car. I drove the new 5.0 and loved it, but base model with brembo is 32k.

The stipulations are AWD or RWD

Manual trans only, no dsgay, no paddle shifters, manual only

reliable

faster than my gti (mid 14)

Remember I am a big guy (6'6" and 325),

Is there such a car?

Good luck with that....you are just going to end up with an older car, out of warranty. Unless you just want something faster and not necessarily bigger, nicer, etc..etc..

If you really want one, you can get a new 5.0 for invoice or less if you shop around...

03-04 Cobras are a blast and can be bought easily in your range. I've never owned a GTO but I've spent some time in a friend's and I love the interior in them. Any car I'll be spending a lot of time in, the interior is a deal breaker.

I'm not saying I'd suggest it over some other choices posted, but a Genesis coupe hasn't been mentioned that I saw. New enough for warranty, rwd, either engine option has potential to be fun but no monster, they look great IMO, and fit within your budget.

I say 03-04 cobra if you can fit or 350Z- edit oh yeah evo is pretty sweet too but again looks like a small car.

The 350z is not as tight inside as it looks as a buddy of mine in gradschool had one and he was a big dude- 6'4 I think and probably high 200s he was an ex army-ranger/college football player and he fit in in just fine. My father in law is 6'4 and brother in law are 6'7 and they fit in his c6... same brother-in-law tried to sit in my foxbody coupe and it was a joke so hopefully the seat rails have been modified in the 03 cobra as they are built on the same platform as the fox.

Went driving a few BMWs today. 328i 6 speed, not for me.

Couldn't find any GTOs at the few dealers I went to.

The bad news is I am upside down on my GTI so I am likely not able to do anything.

I think I am just going to install my coilovers, do the maint that needs done at 40k and get some lightweight wheels and star specs.

Maybe for christmas I can get a k04 turbo kit from my wife!

Went driving a few BMWs today. 328i 6 speed, not for me.

Couldn't find any GTOs at the few dealers I went to.

The bad news is I am upside down on my GTI so I am likely not able to do anything.

I think I am just going to install my coilovers, do the maint that needs done at 40k and get some lightweight wheels and star specs.

Maybe for christmas I can get a k04 turbo kit from my wife!

About time you started making sense.