iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak

Rally Pat

Here is a good Jailbreak guide for this.

You will need to install the new version of Redsnow and the current IOS 4.3.1 from Apple for your device.

To install 4.3.1, simply hold the shift key, and select Update or Restore, depending on what you want to do. Then browse to the 4.3.1 file you downloaded.

Make sure you run redsn0w as administrator, otherwise it WILL hang when updating the Ramdisk.

If you did an upgrade, you will also need to re-install your Cydia specific aps, such as Installous, Winterboard, SBSettings, Pandora skip hack, etc. Those aps installed by Installous will be there and fine.

The above is for Windows - OSX can suck a fat one.

Is anyone else having problems with find my iPhone app? It loads up and everything but the map works. Just says locating over and over.

I'll be resetting it after work but figure I'd see if anyone else is having that issue.

I used TinyUmbrella to get all my SHSH's off the phone. Is it something like connect to iTunes, "Shift + Update", navigate to 4.0.1 SHSH and load that? I'm browsing on modmyi.com right now, but any quicker help would be great lol.

bingo.

go to iclarified.com download the latest firmware from them. Shift+click restore and install that firmware thru itunes. Google "iPhone dev team" down load redsn0w from them. Run redsn0w, follow directions, DO NOT CHECK "Use iPad baseband".

have the latest iOS, be jailbroken, be able to run apps that require 4.0+