Looking to buy a 2006-2008 GSXR-750

DollFace

Hey everyone. Looking to upgrade from my Ninja 500 to a Suzuki GSX-R 750, 2006-2008 model. I have looked on craigslist, but if anyone has one they are looking to sell, let me know. I am going black :D.

post-3444-13690978647764_thumb.jpg

Edited by DollFace
because I am dumb and I spelled something wrong :)

Okay...some views....no replies and I don't know how to delete this thread so I will just add to it.

Been doing my research. Starting to think maybe the 750 is not for me. When I first got into the scene I wanted a Suzuki SV650. But, then I started looking at the SV650S for the look. But, is that really going to be much of a change in power from my Ninja 500R? I know that positioning is different on the SV650S; more upright. But, I am getting a new bike because I have gotten tired of the 500 and I have only had it since Septemeber. With that said, I really like the GSX-R and am starting to look at the 600? Thoughts? Advice for a newbe? Should I just shut up and go test ride them and pick the one I want? That would probably be my advice to me.

I had an 01sv 650 but sold it yesterday, but currently have a 06 gsxr 750.....the gsxr 750 is a COMPLETELY different bike than the SV... the SV has nice little torque to it, and is super light and you can zip around on it, but the gsxr 750 is a MONSTER when it comes to speed and handling, but might not be what you are looking for.....the sv650 is def a fun bike.....I'm looking at getting another sv650 or a sv1000 here in the next few days...

you can DEF get a sv650 for much cheaper than a gsxr 750

I had kind of the same experience last year. Bought a '05 Suzuki GS500 in April and was ready for an upgrade within a few months. I posted it on craigslist and a woman contacted me who was getting ready to sell her '07 GSXR600. How perfect! I traded her for my bike plus cash. I don't know much about your 500 but I'll tell you from personal experience, upgrading to the 600 was a huge difference, (from carbed to fuel injected alone was a big change) and I'm loving it! I think that anything within the SV650 or GSXR600 - 750 range is really going to make you happy. HOpefully you can find one that you could test ride to get a feel for exactly what you want.

Go big or go home.... go for 1000. Better street manners and you'll never be aching for power no matter what RPM you're at. If you're too timid for a 1000cc I4, look at 1000cc vtwins.

I completely agree, but I do plan on attending a track day in the future and am not sure if the SV650 is made for the circle track. However, I AM too timid for the 1000 right now. Guess I can always work up to it though.

I had kind of the same experience last year. Bought a '05 Suzuki GS500 in April and was ready for an upgrade within a few months. I posted it on craigslist and a woman contacted me who was getting ready to sell her '07 GSXR600. How perfect! I traded her for my bike plus cash. I don't know much about your 500 but I'll tell you from personal experience, upgrading to the 600 was a huge difference, (from carbed to fuel injected alone was a big change) and I'm loving it! I think that anything within the SV650 or GSXR600 - 750 range is really going to make you happy. HOpefully you can find one that you could test ride to get a feel for exactly what you want.

Wow. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will go ahead and post up my bike and see what happens. I already tried to trade someone for the CBR 600 because they were looking for a daily rideer but that didn't go over well . I would have to say though that money is on my mind :broke: and the SV650 is much cheaper than both the CBR 600 or the GSX-R 600. But I still like the GSX-R from a aesthetic standpoint :hailr6:

I completely agree, but I do plan on attending a track day in the future and am not sure if the SV650 is made for the circle track. However, I AM too timid for the 1000 right now. Guess I can always work up to it though.

:eek: Blasphemy! I think you'll find that all the trackday junkies give mad props to the SV650 for it's value on the track. It's cheap, durable, and highly touted as one of the perfect beginner track bikes.

But back to the 1000 argument... no matter what size you get, they've all got throttles... you don't need to be scared. :) I've never ridden a 600, but between my SV1k and the Hayabusa... I like cruising at 60-70mph with the engine not winding at 7k in top gear, burning through gas and my eardrums. You're spending most of your time on the street and the liter bikes are comfortably streetable, and you won't have to worry about "upgrading" again...

:eek: Blasphemy! I think you'll find that all the trackday junkies give mad props to the SV650 for it's value on the track. It's cheap, durable, and highly touted as one of the perfect beginner track bikes.

But back to the 1000 argument... no matter what size you get, they've all got throttles... you don't need to be scared. :) I've never ridden a 600, but between my SV1k and the Hayabusa... I like cruising at 60-70mph with the engine not winding at 7k in top gear, burning through gas and my eardrums. You're spending most of your time on the street and the liter bikes are comfortably streetable, and you won't have to worry about "upgrading" again...

Blah! Now I can't decide!! I am going to have to really think this one through, but that is what I like about the SV650...it is cheaper and still really nice!

I had an 01sv 650 but sold it yesterday, but currently have a 06 gsxr 750.....the gsxr 750 is a COMPLETELY different bike than the SV... the SV has nice little torque to it, and is super light and you can zip around on it, but the gsxr 750 is a MONSTER when it comes to speed and handling, but might not be what you are looking for.....the sv650 is def a fun bike.....I'm looking at getting another sv650 or a sv1000 here in the next few days...

you can DEF get a sv650 for much cheaper than a gsxr 750

How fast can you go on an SV650 before it starts getting loud and before it starts to get uncomfortable? Because I know that by the time I reach 80 on my 500, I feel like I am getting squirely. Or maybe it is just lack of experience.:confused:

i have a 06 sv650s and i love it. i have had it up into the high 90's and it was smooth. also drove it to Nebraska and back very easily. it is a fun bike and i get 56 mpg most of the time.

imo it is the best all around bike you could want for daily riding. yest here are faster and bigger bikes but for the cost you cant beat it.

another thing to think of is tires. i have about 6000 on the stock tire and it still has plenty of life.

I don't have much experience to share here except that I've ridden my 600 and Mike's 1000 and I just love the handling on my bike. It has plenty of power for cruising on the highway and feels good to me.

Now that probably has something to do with his nervousness at letting me ride his BABY making me nervous myself!!

I do think about upgrading to a 750 sometimes but I'm not sure that it's worth it. Plus my insurance is cheaper!