GTO midpipe bolt needed

kirks5oh

guys, long story short--i'm missing two bolts that bolt into an exhaust flange on my '05 GTO. the bolts are located on the midpipe.

here's the story

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91272

the dealership cannot service the midpipe---they will gladly find me a whole midpipe for $1300.

i'm assuming these bolts are metric, and before i go to lowe's and go through the painful 'trial and error' method of buying multiple bolts, i was wondering if anyone had an idea what size they could be.

thanks

kirk

I can't remember from when I did mine...is the midpipe threaded or isn't it just a smooth hole on one and a slotted hole on the other part? In either case you should be able to measyure it and just get bolts that fit THROUGH the opening. It's the length that matters. (insert old joke). Honestly...if I was in your situation I'd weld it up and lose the flange. That damn thing was what hit first on my goat on speed bumps, ramps and even my lift's crossbar. It's way oversized because they didn't have an easy hanger spot right there in the middle. I swore I was going to pull the whole system and weld it all up but I ended up getting rid of it before it came to that. I had SLP LTs, x pipe and loudmouths. All the joints leaked slightly and the resonator joints creeped no matter how tight I torqued them.

thanks guys. i'll get a pic of it this afternoon. basically, one end has a smooth hole for the bolt to pass through, and the receiving end is a threaded flange---there's no nut necessary, simply thread the bolt into the flange, and it compresses the gasket inside the pipe. i'll try various sizes, including the 10X1.5 (thanks aj).

updates later tonight

pic? if i remember right it should be 10x1.5 and however long will work for you.

give this man a beer. went to lowes, bought $3 10X1.5 bolts, 1.5" long, two lock washers, and everything was fixed in about 10 minutes.

thanks aj

kirk