Soccer Pics

TTQ B4U

Proud Papa Pic Whore Time:

Wish I could have made C&C but with Swim Lessons then Soccer, it was a busy but fun day. Hell, it's 10:30pm and the kids are still wired like it was 9am. :eek:

Their respective teams each won their first match up. With my Daughter, it's funny as kids swarm to the ball. My son, there are some really good players and then not so good. Nick's a little reserved, but he's not afraid of getting in the mix. Just needs to be a little more aggressive out there.

No cars, no naked chicks, but for those that care, here's what sperm & eggs grow up into after a few years.

Soccer, Week 1:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/spring_soccer_2010_sophia_gallery

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/game_1_gallery

Thanks for viewing!

What lens are you shooting that with? I'm in the market to do some similar type of photos.

In these galleries I was using Canon's 100-400L IS Lens. The exif data is below each shot.

If you're a Canon shooter, the 70-200L, 100-400L, 135L or even the 70-300L would be good lenses to look at. Even a 100mm f/2 would be a great cost effective lens. I just happen to really like the 100-400L outdoors. I'm also trying to keep from carrying more than one body/lens with me. Kids soccer you can easily get away with 200mm if you shoot from mid-field. I just like the ability to zoom in and get some candid's from across the field too :)

Here's of my son from 400mm or really 650mm (focal length on a 1.6x sensor) camera. http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/133792922 No flash used here. My battery pack wasn't fully charged that day so I only got a handful of shots.

PM me if you have any Q's. Happy to help.

Neat pics. 5-6 year old groups? I remember watching my oldest run around like a fool.

With my daughter, yes, 5-6yrs. My son is just about to turn 8yrs.

Next week we have team photos and posed shots.

What ISO were you shooting?

Exit is below each pic. IIRC iso 640 to 1000. I shoot sports in shutter priority mode. I then keep the ISO in line with proper exposure. I also tend to bump it up a little higher on some shots to keep the aperture in the sweet spot for the lens. Depends on my focal length. Longer end of the zoom benefits more.

Great pictures! My nephew plays baseball and I think it must be a parent thing because I find it boring as hell to watch, I love my nephew but oh boy...

It's a parent thing for sure. Next time I'll be sure to load up my chairs and blankets. I would have been happier with the shots if I could have gotten way lower and shot "upwards" towards the players. The ground was just sopping wet and muddy and I wasn't going to do that this round.

Next week is another set of games. Hopefully weather will cooperate.

LOL, yeah, I remember my son playing soccer at that age. When they're really young, it's just like a bunch of bees trying to kick around a soccer ball.

I have to say, this kid's hair has all kinds of potential - just throw a bunch of Aussie Extreme Hold on it as it is right there and this dude is ready to get a table at Mynt :cool:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/133783742

Also, I kept expecting to spot PedoBear in one of those pics...

I have to say, this kid's hair has all kinds of potential - just throw a bunch of Aussie Extreme Hold on it as it is right there and this dude is ready to get a table at Mynt :cool:

Ha Ha! That's my boy! My wife loves his thick hair.