V8 Beast needs a tow car

V8 Beast

2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4. $5,999 123k 5.4l V8

2000 Navigator (listed here.. may be sold soon) $4800 140k miles

2005 Durango Limited. $8,999 114k 5.7L Hemi.. ugly but efkin loaded!

Edited by V8 Beast

Dodge = shitastic gas mileage.

I woould rather have the exploder over the navigator. That's personal preference due to the Explorer having cheaper parts, and less electronic BS.

Just my .02, tough to say which is the best they are all at mileages where repair bills get big and the owners get rid of them to get something new.

I dont care about gas milage at all. My Job is less than 10 miles from my house. I waste more on bs at the grocery store than I do on gas so I stopped caring about it.

What did you hate about the durango?

The mileage as mentioned was terrible, I mean terrible. 17 on a great day of freeway driving. The gearing was not good for anything. If you tried to baby it, you couldn't keep up with traffic, or you were nearly flooring it all over the place. The interior surfaces were worse than any VW I've ever owned. It struggled to tow the wifes 69 beetle. That thing weighs nothing. Honestly, rear seating was cramped. You've met my kids. There was more space in my Golf and Jetta for them to sit. Brakes. 38,000 miles 3 brake jobs. #5 mis-fire every January. Nobody could find it. Even after plugs, coils, injectors. But I will say it did look cool.

The mileage as mentioned was terrible, I mean terrible. 17 on a great day of freeway driving. The gearing was not good for anything. If you tried to baby it, you couldn't keep up with traffic, or you were nearly flooring it all over the place. The interior surfaces were worse than any VW I've ever owned. It struggled to tow the wifes 69 beetle. That thing weighs nothing. Honestly, rear seating was cramped. You've met my kids. There was more space in my Golf and Jetta for them to sit. Brakes. 38,000 miles 3 brake jobs. #5 mis-fire every January. Nobody could find it. Even after plugs, coils, injectors. But I will say it did look cool.

This one had crazy space, and didnt handle too bad. Did you have the Hemi? This one is rated to tow over 8000 pounds (supposedly). I dont really like the looks but everything else made me have to consider it. Its replacing the stratus and will only be used when we are towing around more than 3 kids and the car for track days.

the fact that the engine and transmission are both junk.

When reading up on cars one thing I always find is they are all junk. Between the recalls, know issues, and the fact that they are used its an educated crap shoot. My coworker has an 04 with 160k miles. She said I would like it.. but I need a little bit more than that to go by.

This one had crazy space, and didnt handle too bad. Did you have the Hemi? This one is rated to tow over 8000 pounds (supposedly). I dont really like the looks but everything else made me have to consider it. Its replacing the stratus and will only be used when we are towing around more than 3 kids and the car for track days.

No it was the weak suck 4.7, but after reading on a few Dodge forums the Hemi Owners complained a good bit as well.

explorer would be a 4.6 not a 5.4

i loved our 02 mountaineer

fuck durangos

Yeah, the 5.4 was suppose to be on the navigator line

No it was the weak suck 4.7, but after reading on a few Dodge forums the Hemi Owners complained a good bit as well.

I need someone to takes those interior perks and put them in a suv under 9k with less than 120k miles, UGH!!!!

The eddie baur will probably win. Thats the dealer price so Im sure I can talk them down some. I really dont need the perks but for that price I was like why not. If its too good to be true....

explorer would be a 4.6 not a 5.4

i loved our 02 mountaineer

fuck durangos

I'm leaning towards the Fords too. When my neighbor is ready to dump his Expedition I'm gonna be all over it. It's a rusty heap but he bashes that thing like no tomorrow.

Yeah, the 5.4 was suppose to be on the navigator line

I need someone to takes those interior perks and put them in a suv under 9k with less than 120k miles, UGH!!!!

The eddie baur will probably win. Thats the dealer price so Im sure I can talk them down some. I really dont need the perks but for that price I was like why not. If its too good to be true....

Bauer FTW, then you can weal Flannel and it'll be okay.

When reading up on cars one thing I always find is they are all junk. Between the recalls, know issues, and the fact that they are used its an educated crap shoot. My coworker has an 04 with 160k miles. She said I would like it.. but I need a little bit more than that to go by.

i had a friend with an 05 ram that had 3 transmissions before 100k miles...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=297720136&dealer_id=75291&car_year=2003&systime=&doors=&model=EXPLOR&search_lang=en&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&scarid=297101668&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=25&min_price=&rdm=1302721307979&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2004&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=43026&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=FORD&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=9&standard=false

thoughts on this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=295398833&dealer_id=100019868&car_year=2003&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2004&model=EXPLOR&showZipError=n&pager.offset=25&search_lang=en&start_year=2003&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&scarid=297101668&search_type=both&body_code=0&first_record=26&distance=25&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&address=43026&rdm=1302721307979&marketZipError=false&sort_type=priceDESC&awsp=false&make=FORD&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=11&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=297692948&dealer_id=66193011&car_year=2002&systime=&doors=&model=ENVOYXL&search_lang=en&start_year=1998&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=25&min_price=0&rdm=1302724358542&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=620272&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2008&make3=CHEV&showZipError=n&make2=FORD&certified=&engine=8+Cylinder&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&feature1=3rd+row+seats&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&model3=TRAILBZEXT&color=&address=43026&sort_type=priceDESC&model2=EXPLOR&max_price=11000&awsp=false&make=GMC&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=18&standard=false

Edited by V8 Beast

I dont see a 3rd row....

What's wrong with Suburbans? My dad's them since the mid 80's and he regularly puts 150k on them before trading them off. He tows his boat, cobra, motorcycle, etc, anything no issues.

I dont see a 3rd row....

What's wrong with Suburbans? My dad's them since the mid 80's and he regularly puts 150k on them before trading them off. He tows his boat, cobra, motorcycle, etc, anything no issues.

I would have to install it. I just never really liked them