question about fighting points on ticket.

turboking15

I got a ticket earlier today going down polaris between worthington and cleveland. They clocked me with he chopper then pulled me over with a cruiser, I think that in itself is kinda sketchy so if anyone can shed light on that..., but what my main question is fighting the points on the ticket. How do I go about doing that? I know I was speeding, it was dumb if I have to ill pay the fine but I would like to avoid the points. To the people who have done this before, what did you have to do?

I fought a ticket once, i questioned if the officer got me or the person in front of me (he gave both of us a ticket) and he "eyeballed" my speed. All i did was show up to my court date hoping the officer wouldnt, and he didnt. When that happened i talked to the prosecutor who offered me a deal. Without the officer she didnt have much of a case so she offered me "state speed" which i think is like 4mph over with no points. I took the deal after realizing the judge was already siding with the prosecutor, he even said "i think you should reconsider taking the deal... wtf? I think i paid court fee's and somethign else, came to like 90$ but i didnt get any points which was my goal in the beginning.

Just show up to court and hope the officer doesnt. If the officer doesnt ask for the case to be thrown out or at the very least ask the prosecutor for a deal. You wont save much money b/c court fee's are usually like 50$ and theres always some minor fine (not to mention parking etc...) but you wont get any points.

Its westerville cops, your fucked. They are fucking assholes.

That's true. Especially because this matter is now in the hands of the courts, not the Westerville police...

You can go to court and go that route, or you can call and ask if they can drop it to a no point violation.

That's true. Especially because this matter is now in the hands of the courts, not the Westerville police...

You can go to court and go that route, or you can call and ask if they can drop it to a no point violation.

Correction. Westerville city court judges are assholes. Get it transferred to franklin co. If you can. Costs money but it can be done.

I fought a ticket once, i questioned if the officer got me or the person in front of me (he gave both of us a ticket) and he "eyeballed" my speed. All i did was show up to my court date hoping the officer wouldnt, and he didnt. When that happened i talked to the prosecutor who offered me a deal. Without the officer she didnt have much of a case so she offered me "state speed" which i think is like 4mph over with no points. I took the deal after realizing the judge was already siding with the prosecutor, he even said "i think you should reconsider taking the deal... wtf? I think i paid court fee's and somethign else, came to like 90$ but i didnt get any points which was my goal in the beginning.

Just show up to court and hope the officer doesnt. If the officer doesnt ask for the case to be thrown out or at the very least ask the prosecutor for a deal. You wont save much money b/c court fee's are usually like 50$ and theres always some minor fine (not to mention parking etc...) but you wont get any points.

they will throw out the case if the officer doesnt show

this happened for my last 2 tickets if it is cpd you go to court plead not guilty they schedule a hearing if the cop doesnt show they call your name and tell you to have a nice day

I am a little confused, you actually were speeding and admit it. You just want a way around the standard system of punishment because you are better than everyone else? Or is it that you don't want your insurance to go up because, and get this, you aren't a safe driver? In either case, you need to man up.

I am a little confused, you actually were speeding and admit it. You just want a way around the standard system of punishment because you are better than everyone else? Or is it that you don't want your insurance to go up because, and get this, you aren't a safe driver? In either case, you need to man up.

Yes I was speeding and yes I want a way around the points to avoid insurance issues. Do I think I am better than eveybody else? No. Have others in my position done the same thing? Yes. Now its easy to be a condescending prick when you are not the one in the situation, but put yourself in my shoes, would you not do anything in your power to lessen the blow of the punishments being leveled upon you?

I got hit by a chopper on my bike. They use a stop watch to judge your speed from thousands of feet in the air.

I just payed my ticket and went on as it was my first speeding ticket and I was 24mph so I didn't even bother.

Depending on how fast over you were, the best bet is to get it dropped to less than 5mph over and pay a higher fine. No points on the license that way.