9 YO kid saves his little sisters life

SpaceGhost

Watching the news, I bet there is an article somewhere but I'm not looking for it.

Sister is found in the pool, pull her out, not breathing nobody knows CPR except the 9 YO son. He does CPR and saves her, she is to get out of the hospital tomorrow.

The twist?

Kid learned CPR from the movie "blackhawk down". Pretty grownup movie for a 3rd grader. The Father said they have tried to turn off the movie many times, the kid plays pretend medic because of the movie. He dresses up like a medic. And the father says if it wasn't for my 3rd grader watching that $3 R rated DVD, his daughter would be gone.

Everyone should have military experience IMO, I regret not serving after HS.

The greatest lesson the military taught me is to react, not wonder how I will react, not freak out for a second and then start to pull it together, REACT NOW!!! Get something going as fast as possible, and get everyone involved.

This kid learned to react because he wasn't afraid to do something to help. I don't think we need to learn this from a violent movie but the end result here is that he learned what he needed to and applied it.

I agree that everyone should have to learn what freedom actually costs.

For the columbine freak parents, I think it shows kids just don't always learn to kill things from violent movies.

All game ratings and movie ratings just have to do with fear mongering and bad parenting. My 4 year old probably knows more about firearms than 60% of people you see on the street. That's just from watching his dad clean guns, movies, and asking questions. Yet he never points his play guns at people and doesn't even muzzle sweep with them anymore.

Edited by verse

Yeah all these ratings and warnings are all just handicaps for bad parenting. I parents actually taught their kids right from wrong and explained things better to them then kids might be better adapted to the real world instead of sheltered.

I want to shake this kids hand. Our first medic froze up, lost his NVG's and caused more harm than good on his first casualty. I am happy he is in a hero status at the moment. I fear that if it was someone elses daughter he would be held accountable for her death from lack of "real" training.

No I agree. Media doesn't make kids to stupid things. Parents forgetting to tell the kids right from wrong, even if it is in the media results in kids doing bad things.

Exactly, lazy parenting. I let my daughter watch just about anything she or I wanted. But I also didn't take a back-seat approach to my parenting, either. I never left it up to someone or something else to raise my child and I definitely never blamed any form of media for something my child did.