Apple to ship new iPhone in September

Rustlestiltskin

Inb4hugeapplevsandroiddiscussionwhereeveryonegetsdefensive

I had the first android phone for just over 2 years before switching over the the iphone 4. For all the fags saying android is soo much better, its not really the case. After using my iPhone for about 2 months now I must say that I absultely love it. Why...? Because it works. it never freezes, crashes, or shuts off randomly. Its fast as shit, and the "limitations" people talk about don't exist, unless your on verizon. there are virtually unlimited apps for it, ive never not found something i was looking for for free.

Haters gonna hate.

Inb4hugeapplevsandroiddiscussionwhereeveryonegetsdefensive

I had the first android phone for just over 2 years before switching over the the iphone 4. For all the fags saying android is soo much better, its not really the case. After using my iPhone for about 2 months now I must say that I absultely love it. Why...? Because it works. it never freezes, crashes, or shuts off randomly. Its fast as shit, and the "limitations" people talk about don't exist, unless your on verizon. there are virtually unlimited apps for it, ive never not found something i was looking for for free.

Haters gonna hate.

You can't compare an iphone 4 to a G1. The limitations absolutely do exist, no matter which carrier.

Come lay your Iphone next to my old ass nexus one, you can even jailbreak yours, i'll run a stock rom. I'll show you a list of limitations.

You can't compare an iphone 4 to a G1. The limitations absolutely do exist, no matter which carrier.

Ive had zero desire to modify my iphone. why? because its good just the way it is.

Dont get me wrong, android is a good OS, but i think its gone to hell the last year or so. Too many different versions out now. thats like making a different copy of windows for every PC manufacturer.

buy $500 device, get sensored app store

AndroidVsiPhone - Engage!

Agreed in that it's gay of them to do that, but it's easily remedied if it's a problem (which it likely isn't for most users). Mine is jailbroken, but only so I can tether for free - which I think all smart phones should be able to do regardless of OS. Buying 2 data plans for one device is BS when I already have an "unlimited" plan.

Again, I understand why the "App Censorship" is off-putting to some people but if that's what it takes to keep sketchy junk off the App Store then so be it. That said, there are lots of good Android devices these days. I'm not sure that I feel one is actually any better than the other, just different. I might have gone Android if there were more than a couple of mediocre choices at the time I adopted the iPhone platform.

Ive had zero desire to modify my iphone. why? because its good just the way it is.

Dont get me wrong, android is a good OS, but i think its gone to hell the last year or so. Too many different versions out now. thats like making a different copy of windows for every PC manufacturer.

Well that's fine if you just want something basic, and letting them tell you how to use your phone, plenty of people are fine with being sheep ;).

But I do agree that fragmentation is a problem, which Google already has a solution to it. They are now going to make manufacturers sign an agreement to not modify Android in anyway if they want the latest version. If they don't want to sign they will have to wait for Google to release the source code publicly. If you've noticed, Honeycomb has been out on tablets for a while now, yet the source code still hasn't been released. This way you keep it open source, and keep fragmentation down.

Well that's fine if you just want something basic, and letting them tell you how to use your phone, plenty of people are fine with being sheep ;).

But I do agree that fragmentation is a problem, which Google already has a solution to it. They are now going to make manufacturers sign an agreement to not modify Android in anyway if they want the latest version. If they don't want to sign they will have to wait for Google to release the source code publicly. If you've noticed, Honeycomb has been out on tablets for a while now, yet the source code still hasn't been released. This way you keep it open source, and keep fragmentation down.

I guess im a basic kind of guy. . :D

cupcake running on a newer fast phone would be the shit!

It's funny how many little minions Apple has on this forum. They come out with a new version once or twice a year and you all go buy it. They usually only do one or two things the last one didn't do, things you can hardly notice. My year old android phone does everything I need it to; make phone calls, texts, check weather, etc.

It's funny how many little minions Apple has on this forum. They come out with a new version once or twice a year and you all go buy it. They usually only do one or two things the last one didn't do, things you can hardly notice. My year old android phone does everything I need it to; make phone calls, texts, check weather, etc.

Im in an argumentative mood today, so..

Thats like comparing apples to oranges. If Motorola only released one phone a year, everyone would be excited for it like apples iphone. but since they're releasing new phones every 1.3 seconds, nobody gives two shits. Same with HTC and samsung

New iPhone5 is rumored to start production in September, for a release in maybe October. An other rumor says July production for September release. Who knows, I have read it should get a 8MP camera. Also it is rumored to have the same Processor as the iPad2 Dual core A5. And it is rumored to look just like the iPhone4.

Look for the White iPhone4 to be released Tuesday maybe. :) And MobileMe will become free to everyone soon.

Just to be clear - I'm not one of those guys that runs out and buys a new iPhone each time it's released. The phone is actually the only Apple product I own except for an iPod Nano I won in a drawing. I had a 3G and said no thanks to the 3GS when it was released. I upgraded to the 4 because it was actually a worthwhile upgrade and my 3G was damaged in an auto accident. The wife is still on her old 3G and it is starting to act a bit flaky. I see no reason to upgrade her now until the new one comes out though, unless it completely dies.