How to take care of a box turtle?

Rustlestiltskin

This just isn't true. Some animals are incredible sensitive and trying to breed them in captivity can be difficult, but moving that box turtle's not gonna do a thing. Please, feel free to challenge your teacher or whoever told you this. Hell, I'll give you my email to give to them. Or maybe, at some point, you misunderstood them? Either way, some logical deduction solves this problem Ask yourself this, how are there so many breeders and zoos creating new stocks of reptiles and amphibians? They're not chasing down babies in the wild. I, myself, have successfully bred various forms of reptiles and amphibians.

With Eastern Box Turtles it has been found that reintroduction has not been working. From what I've read and talked to about with ODRN wildlife is that its more of a laying/nesting problem than a mating problem if they are moved from one area to another. Also this is talking about moving them 50+ miles away, not just a mile down the road.

Have you read any of the studies proposing box turtles in cental plains state are migratory?

This just isn't true. Some animals are incredible sensitive and trying to breed them in captivity can be difficult, but moving that box turtle's not gonna do a thing. Please, feel free to challenge your teacher or whoever told you this. Hell, I'll give you my email to give to them. Or maybe, at some point, you misunderstood them? Either way, some logical deduction solves this problem Ask yourself this, how are there so many breeders and zoos creating new stocks of reptiles and amphibians? They're not chasing down babies in the wild. I, myself, have successfully bred various forms of reptiles and amphibians.

Well just like anything else, everybody has there own theories and opinions and that's just fine. I have been told this by 3-4 different instructors all who have been dealing with these wildlife for 20+ years. Not saying you are wrong and I am right.