is/has CR ever been for sale?

AWW$HEEET

I promise if my COS,SCCA,mid-Ohio, and family schedule permits me to get a CR event in, I'll be there, I managed to make it to a Cars and coffee meet a month or two ago..

I fit in more car events than I know what to do with. I may not get to a lot of CR Events but I understand the pains and tribulations of running a large website and how annoying it is when people question the hard work you put in every single day to make the website nice for 100s of people.

97% have no idea what it takes to put on an event. I have been doing different car shows, track days, and International level R/C races for years for the public. What it takes to put on an event that is not half assed is difficult.

Anymore I just laugh and move on at the internets smart guys, because they have no idea, are not involved, and are not the true pluse of the car culture.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, you think you know.

Ben has it wrong. There is very little revenue generated on CR, and not everything is the same across the board. CR has costs as well. Hell, we lost almost $1000 on the car show last year.

I have it correct. I was talking about the site itself, not the events. Duh. Notice I didn't mention the drag days? Revenue does not equal profit.

The only way a CR road racing day can be put on is if we pick a date, make everyone pre-pay within a 1 month period and sell out during that time period. If it doesn't sell out then the event would have to be canceled. Other option would be to do something with the Porsche club, but again if we don't get many people from here to go, its not really worth CR putting out a bunch of money to buy into a track day when that money could be used for other events that more people would come to.

So Gabe, what exactly is your recent fascination with CR? Threads like this, and trying to log in as Mods.... What exactly are you trying to do/find out?? Is there a purpose in all of this or just trollin'?

So Gabe, what exactly is your recent fascination with CR? Threads like this, and trying to log in as Mods.... What exactly are you trying to do/find out?? Is there a purpose in all of this or just trollin'?

Im running out of material and ways to amuse myself. This thread was semi serious. Even I don't know if im srs or not. Srs or not, it was a legitimate question.

Real Talk.

He wants something he can't have.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129128385438656170.jpg

The only way a CR road racing day can be put on is if we pick a date, make everyone pre-pay within a 1 month period and sell out during that time period. If it doesn't sell out then the event would have to be canceled. Other option would be to do something with the Porsche club, but again if we don't get many people from here to go, its not really worth CR putting out a bunch of money to buy into a track day when that money could be used for other events that more people would come to.

Just FYI,

There is a track day next week that a local shop organized at Mid-Ohio, includes breakfast and lunch, "an abbreviated 'Mid Ohio School Introduction Short Course' that will includes classroom instruction, maneuverability drills, a session in The Mid Ohio School skid car, turning exercises, a short autocross, lead follow on the track followed by an open afternoon lapping", all for $600. They need a minimum of 30 people for it to work. They sent out invitations about a month ahead of time, and needed to know 10 days before the actual event to see if they had enough people to make it happen.

Would something like this be possible here? Would there be 30 people on CR willing to pay $600 for something like this? Maybe Mid-Ohio offers something that's cheaper?

Isnt it easier to get on nelson ledges (cheaper, more lax rules?)

IMO tracks just make it too difficult to get on. How many driver schools or lapping sessions do you need to invest $100s of dollars on just to be able to go out and freely drive the piss out of your car? Kinda frustrating.

IMO tracks just make it too difficult to get on. How many driver schools or lapping sessions do you need to invest $100s of dollars on just to be able to go out and freely drive the piss out of your car? Kinda frustrating.

I contacted Nelson Ledges, we would be looking at needing aprx 50 cars and it would be $130/per car for a private rental. If we had less cars attending (which we doubt we could get 30 to fully commit let alone 50) the price would go up per each person attending. And this was a friday rate. A saturday or sunday was significantly higher.

Seriously. This is why I started motorcycle track days. $200 is closer to affordable.