Used Oil

Patterson

As many of you know I am the Branch Sales Manager for an Environmental/Industrial Services Company. As we have been moving forward and expanding Services that are provided. In addition to Parts Washer Service, Bulk as well as Containerized Waste Disposal, we built an Oil Re-refinery in 2010/2011. With a Capcity for up to 50 million gallons a year. What this means is we are paying top to near top dollar for Used Oil.

What I'm looking for here is anyone that works in a Shop, owns a Shop, Garage, Truck Shop, or Factory whatever. I want to give away my Companies money. What we aren't paying for is Oily Water, Antifreeze, etc. We are more than happy to dispose of it for you.

The amount we are paying will vary with generation frequency, amount, water contenet <10%, etc. I will say minimum amount paid is .75 cents per gallon. This is a good thing up until a few weeks ago we were not paying much over .50cpg. And that was like pulling Teeth.

If you have Parts Cleaners I can set that up too. Solvent or Aqueous Based. We will dispose of anything short of Biohaz, Munitions, and Radioactive wastes.

Unfortunately Shade tree guys with a gallon or two still need to take it down to a Parts Store or Prooper Disposal facility. Or take to a buddies business add to his and send him to me. We're looking for the stops that are going to be 100 gallons and up. He'll thank you for the extra cash. I make a ton of Cold Calls all day, but I can't get everywhere.

PM me, or Call on my Company phone (614) 940-3944 if you are interested in setting up a meeting for an assesment of what you have.

If you want to check out the company Profile go here:

http://crystal-clean.com

Thanks

I have 10+ gallons of oil in a big container, tell me where to take it, or I'll bring it to you for free. The little places tell me it's too much, you say it's not enough, it's fucking frustrating.

this +1

I envisioned something like this. I've got probably 80 gallons myself.(monthly oil changes) It may be adventageous to find a garage that will take it rather than say Autozone, Advance etc. Problem with that is they need to file as a TSD (Treatment,Storage,Disposal) Facility with the EPA. I've got a possible solution but I want to make sure its viable first.

The Northend Wrench INC.

4330 Indianola Avenue

Columbus, 43214

I work here^^ Open 7am to 6pm M-F, I'm, there during almost all business hours.

Bring it on down we burn it for heat.....we have 2 250gal containers and about 8 55 gallon drums we store it in. Plus in the summer we empty 1 of the 250 gallon containers due to running out of space lol. We have guys that stop down here with their 10 gallon containers all the time. We also get a bunch of cooking grease from school cafeterias if anyone needs it for their diesel....

I have 10+ gallons of oil in a big container, tell me where to take it, or I'll bring it to you for free. The little places tell me it's too much, you say it's not enough, it's fucking frustrating.

this +1

I'll bet I've let 20+ gallons build up in the garage, and I'm just to lazy to take it to work. My shop and my Dad's shop all burn their oil in the winter, so I don't really know who you'd find anymore.

The clean burns are extremely popular here. But there a lot of shops that dont have them

The Northend Wrench INC.

4330 Indianola Avenue

Columbus, 43214

Bring it on down we burn it for heat.....we have 2 250gal containers and about 8 55 gallon drums we store it in. Plus in the summer we empty 1 of the 250 gallon containers due to running out of space lol. We have guys that stop down here with their 10 gallon containers all the time. We also get a bunch of cooking grease from school cafeterias if anyone needs it for their diesel....

I forgot you guys had the burner. Take it to Sean. Even though I cant get your Parts Washer...;)

The Northend Wrench INC.

4330 Indianola Avenue

Columbus, 43214

Roger Roger

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtNvRgpLaSg5Do8ui10RLvvqyuLiObKC6ShN6s4BeGaIfU0ph6

OP: I noticed you mentioned Aqueouis based parts cleaners. Are those the type that use micro organisms to help break down oil based products? One of my customers has two of these in theyre shop and they work pretty decent. No harmful chemicals and it smells pretty decent. They call the micros "bugs" as a common catch phrase. Just curious.

OP: I noticed you mentioned Aqueouis based parts cleaners. Are those the type that use micro organisms to help break down oil based products? One of my customers has two of these in theyre shop and they work pretty decent. No harmful chemicals and it smells pretty decent. They call the micros "bugs" as a common catch phrase. Just curious.

Honestly, they're junk. And that's not because I don't sell them. They'd work okay in a light oil environment like a Machine Shop with a lot of Water Soluble Oils, but eventually the "bugs" can't break down all the oils and die off. Then you're left with 20 gallons or more of Oily water to get rid of. Plus the filters. All Hazardous Waste. Not necessarily RCRA Regulated, but it's not something that can just go into the trash, or down the drain.

The bulk of the Aqueous solutions we use are either Citrus or Alkaline based. We change them out on a regular basis, keeps the unit clean, disposes of the spent cleaner, and you get a uniform cleaning process, no filters to buy, or clean out for less money.

Edited by Patterson

I can take the nasty stuff as long as its not more than 50% antifreeze/other

oh and you guys with 5 gallon buckets can come on down too....

5767 westerville road

Dave you are super close, when are you there? I can come by anytime as I am off work until May.

Honestly, they're junk. And that's not because I don't sell them. They'd work okay in a light oil environment like a Machine Shop with a lot of Water Soluble Oils, but eventually the "bugs" can't break down all the oils and die off. Then you're left with 20 gallons or more of Oily water to get rid of. Plus the filters. All Hazardous Waste. Not necessarily RCRA Regulated, but it's not something that can just go into the trash, or down the drain.

The bulk of the Aqueous solutions we use are either Citrus or Alkaline based. We change them out on a regular basis, keeps the unit clean, disposes of the spent cleaner, and you get a uniform cleaning process, no filters to buy, or clean out for less money.

I agree 100% and have seen those exact issues when I was in the plant and the service guy was there. They always just blamed it on the filters clogging and not being maintained... but the fact is the "bugs" couldnt consume it all.

thanks