April 18 - Trip up to Mount Vernon

cmb

Hey everone, I am looking for anybody intrested in taking a trip to Mount Vernon to visit the offical grand opening of a resturant a retired co-worker of mine is running.

The place is called The Corner Shack. The former name is Eloise's. It is located at 1 Fountain St in Mount Vernon. The resturant is open Saturday's from 7 am to 2 pm. Then when all said and done, can head back via Utica and get some ice cream.

The owner makes some great food. :)

Im from the vern and used to love eloises! maybe afterwards i can take some sport bike riders to mohican and loundenville and make a day of it!

Ah yes mohican and loudenville. Been there many a time.. Just be careful this time of year as those roads are covered in shit until a few good rains.

Im from the vern and used to love eloises! maybe afterwards i can take some sport bike riders to mohican and loundenville and make a day of it!

I'd be up for that; hopefully the roads aren't messy as was stated above...maybe we'll get a good rain between now and then.

My old stomping grounds... Eloise's closed!?!

I'm in! I am from Centerburg which we will no doubt ride through on the way... And I grew up (parents still reside) on 657 which runs between RT 3 and RT 13. (the road to MT Vernon and the road from Mt Vernon to Utica)

Just took the triangle from 657 at my parents to 13 outside Newark down 13 through Utica into Mt V and then 3 to some back roads that lead back to my parents. Nice first ride for my sister...

The Mill in Utica is pretty badass too, and great Icecream.

Ah yes mohican and loudenville. Been there many a time.. Just be careful this time of year as those roads are covered in shit until a few good rains.

Ah yes I got to ride for a few hours down there today! The roads were not too bad, you cant hammer the corners like mid summer but it is still a hell of a good time! Just great to get out on the bike and ride through the hills and turns!

And I am down for meeting everyone in Mt. Vernon, I'll be comin from the north though!

Edited by OfcMav