I'm a menace to society!

Draco-REX

I'm still at a loss to understand why we have a front plate law for any other reason than to generate funds for issuing tickets to people that don't have one.

That is the only reason, plain and simple

Yup, add speeding tickets to that list as well.

Yup, add speeding tickets to that list as well.

exactly. The funny thing is, i got a ticket about a month ago for doing just shy of 80 in a 65. The cop told me that was dangerous. Now how is it anymore dangerous than being in what, texas? where they have an 80 or something like that speed limit.

exactly. The funny thing is, i got a ticket about a month ago for doing just shy of 80 in a 65. The cop told me that was dangerous. Now how is it anymore dangerous than being in what, texas? where they have an 80 or something like that speed limit.

some people getting behind the wheel is dangerous enough..allowing them to go 80mph is even more dangerous...

some people getting behind the wheel is dangerous enough..allowing them to go 80mph is even more dangerous...

Since we are gambling with our hyperbole I might as well double down.

It would be far safer for drivers if lawmakers would facilitate ways of ensuring traffic flow consistency(making passing lanes ONLY FOR PASSING, thus keeping different rates of traffic from intercepting each other), then to arbitrarily limit the speed at which ones travels. It would also eliminate a huge, revenue tax stream for the state, so that won't happen. Most of the real danger lies in distractions to the operator. You know, the ones 99.9999% of us are guilty of to varying degrees.

Drivers are by and large responsible folks, the vast majority of people regulate themselves to the speeds they feel safe traveling without the government telling them to. I wouldn't drive to work going 120MPH because of cost of gas, and likelihood of death in an accident.

That is the only reason, plain and simple

They also have that wonderful equipment that will scan your plates as you drive past them which will say if you have any warrants, etc. Which they prefer to put to use.

Ax me how I know

I will say I HATE the front license plate law! But it did get my car back when it was stolen! Cop was driving by with the reader on and it picked up my front plate from the opposite side of the street! I even have the top and bottom of the plate bent behind it so its just the numbers showing and it still was able to read it.

Because I had a warrant, passed a cop, and tried to dipset. It didn't work out. They got that high tech shit, y0.

I'm sure that high tech shit is out there, but it doesn't work the greatest. I was driving my wife's car on west broad one night, and got pulled over guns drawn and everything, aparently some chick with a close SSN to my wife was wanted, and they ended up pulling me over, fail.

I'll still take front plates over the other states without them that have undercover cops that can sit anywhere and pull anyone over

Those are not mutually exclusive. MA has front plates and unmarked cruisers of any make or model.

Sux dude!

On a related note-

Don't park at the meters near goodale downtown- that kind lady has gotten my wife twice there- don't try to dispute it either as they have pictures- I don't know if putting it in the front window will get you out of it or not as I have seen some people do. We have a new family rule that she must drive the front plated beater if she is to park there as she must sometimes do so for work purposes.

I'm sure that high tech shit is out there, but it doesn't work the greatest. I was driving my wife's car on west broad one night, and got pulled over guns drawn and everything, aparently some chick with a close SSN to my wife was wanted, and they ended up pulling me over, fail.

wow- wonder what she had done!

they tired to issue a ticket for no front plate a few years back when i was out in the FD. i got out of it simply by saying that from factory my car came with no brackets, they went to tell me that i had to drill holes for a plate. my response if your willing to pay for a new bumper i will gladly drill holes in this one. :fuckyeah: i was let off with a warning and have had no trouble to date.

I'm still at a loss to understand why we have a front plate law for any other reason than to generate funds for issuing tickets to people that don't have one.

Because not enough people have took a stand against it and tried to do something about it.

they tired to issue a ticket for no front plate a few years back when i was out in the FD. i got out of it simply by saying that from factory my car came with no brackets, they went to tell me that i had to drill holes for a plate. my response if your willing to pay for a new bumper i will gladly drill holes in this one. :fuckyeah: i was let off with a warning and have had no trouble to date.

I have a few very related stories to this one. Got pulled over 3 times in one month in my old ws6 for no front plate and for noise (ya they tried to tell me my car was too loud can you imagine that). Never was cited and told all the cops with the plate problem that I would absoutly not drill holes in my bumper unless I could send them a bill for a replacement when I was to be selling the car. I would usually then pull out what was to be my front plate from in between the drivers seat and center console, smile and say this is displayed as it is going to get and I would always get a warning.