EDU: Austin's AR-15 build-up thread

RedRocket1647545505

Very nice with the T1. I've been wanting to shoot one of those back-to-back with kinda M2 to see how much more awesome the new Aimpoints are. And you got a sexy BFG sling on there too. That's almost exactly like a build I just finished except my rear sling mount is on the buffer tube. Did you locktite and/or stake the buffer tube castle nut?

Love it. was looking at building an Ar. few questions is that the Magpul rear sight? does it sit up enough to look threw your red dot?

Lower 1/3 cowitness

Troy folding rear battle sight (from the part list)

Correct. Troy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magpul BUIS

Very nice with the T1. I've been wanting to shoot one of those back-to-back with kinda M2 to see how much more awesome the new Aimpoints are. And you got a sexy BFG sling on there too. That's almost exactly like a build I just finished except my rear sling mount is on the buffer tube. Did you locktite and/or stake the buffer tube castle nut?

I can't wait to try it out. And yes; Loc-tite and staked. :gabe:

Are you going to chrony your ammo? i have never used BL-C (2) but researched it a little and would like to see how it preforms.

Oh yes. I chrono all new loads. All I've got to go on so far is data from multiple reloading manuals and a ballistics calculator. They'll get a full run-down out in the field before going into mass production.

LMT is more than just good. Being a major supplier to SOCOM and the UK Ministry of Defense now, is more than icing on the cake. I have an LMT lower on order and plan to build another AR for myself to add to my other LMT:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=610&pictureid=4985

Love my MRP, even if she's a fat pig. I plan to ditch the Mark 4 CQ/T sometime soon though and running it on my M1A at some point.

O Ok i understand that. i was looking at the Magpul gen 2's front and rear for when i build my sks. noticed a lot of these with red dots between figured they had to somehow work.

I think you see a lot of this because they are the cheapest and people who know they are going to put on optics get them to save there money for optics. thats what i did, the only time i've used my iron sights was to sight them in, then EOTech from then on. If i knew i was going into a situation other then the range i would purchase better back ups.