installing a new processor on laptop?

AWW$HEEET

Replacing what with what?

The actual physical work is the easy bit, getting it to function after is whats hard. A lot of BIOS' lock out other processors. Not to mention the sockets have to be the same.

an older AMD dual core with something newer, not sure yet.

You need to hop on Google and do a search for your model of laptop and what or even if you can do to upgrade it, or if there are some updated or hacked BIOS' that will let you change the processor out.

so im assuming it is integrated into the MOBO? if so, how much would this cost to replace?

You have to look all this up and find out. It may or may not be integrated into the mobo. Don't pass it off until you have looked it up.

I replaced the processor and "pin-modded" it in a compaq laptop I used to have, worked great for a while, but the additional heat eventually killed the fan because it ran constantly. I did this all within warranty at best buy, so when it died I took it back to them, told them the fan died (which was true) and they gave me a new laptop :). WIN.

I replaced the processor and "pin-modded" it in a compaq laptop I used to have, worked great for a while, but the additional heat eventually killed the fan because it ran constantly. I did this all within warranty at best buy, so when it died I took it back to them, told them the fan died (which was true) and they gave me a new laptop :). WIN.

Lol. You rat bastard.

I like your style.