M3 or S1000RR?

Das Borgen

M3 would win...stock for stock

in any event, it s not a fair comparo since the S4 is a 335 competitor

RS4 vs M3 is the correct class fight:megusta:

Sounds like a challenge worth testing. Besides, it's as much if not more about the driver than car. Especially here on CR :p we should make that happen at Nelson. Not the best track for it, but it's cheap and accessible. I know a guy with a couple big lenses.

Sounds like a challenge worth testing. Besides, it's as much if not more about the driver than car. Especially here on CR :p we should make that happen at Nelson. Not the best track for it, but it's cheap and accessible. I know a guy with a couple big lenses.

hummm...I could be swayed to bring my M3 out of the garage for an Audi vs. BMW grudge day @ Nelson.

if Jones has never been on track before, I bet even my lowly 221whp M3 will eat up him alive....even if I have never been to Nelson driving

(i have been very drunk over there for a LeMons race tho)

That my friends is a CALL OUT. Jones you've been Double-Dog Dared. :p

That my friends is a CALL OUT. Jones you've been Double-Dog Dared. :p

take it as you will...i m not going to race anyone....it s a trackday, not a race

there are no winners in DEs...only losers. Losers are the cars going home on a flatbed/trailer and I don't intend to be one

I'm perfectly content with driving at 7 to 8 tenths

iPhone + Harry's lap timer + GPS cradle = Don't have to race anyone, data will tell the story...moves from car to car in a matter of seconds. Haven't used it with my iPhone 4 yet but as I understand it video is integrated now too.

It's no substitute for proper data acquisition, but it's pretty neat and still provides pleanty of useable data.

BMW and Audi never really have any correct class competition. By the time the closest competition comes out, the other ones is already almost out dated. The closest has been RS5 and the E92 I think, and the the B8 S4 and the 335. I guess the b5 RS4 and E46 have been close too.

E36 (1994) vs B5 S4 (1997) or B5 RS4 (2000)

E46 (2001) vs B6/7 S4 (2003) B7 RS4 (2006)

E92 (2008) vs B8 S4 (2008)...AUDI Y U NO HAVE RS4 YET?!

BMW and Audi never really have any correct class competition. By the time the closest competition comes out, the other ones is already almost out dated. The closest has been RS5 and the E92 I think, and the the B8 S4 and the 335. I guess the b5 RS4 and E46 have been close too.

E36 (1994) vs B5 S4 (1997) or B5 RS4 (2000)

E46 (2001) vs B6/7 S4 (2003) B7 RS4 (2006)

E92 (2008) vs B8 S4 (2008)...AUDI Y U NO HAVE RS4 YET?!

Agreed.