Changing oil...

V8 Beast

Before I went back on active duty orders I was still working at the dealership and I tried to pawn off my own oil changes as much as possible. For some reason, I would commonly agree to buy my buddy lunch so that he could put my car up on his rack and change my oil. I will do it on my truck or my wifes vehicle, I just cant stand doing my dailys.

Lol its funny some guys that come into Roush Honda that dont feel comfortable changing the oil on their car. If only they knew they were handing their cars over to 16-17 year olds to pull their cars onto lifts to change the oil. I have seen kids empty the tranny fluid, put the plug back in, and fill the motor oil up with an extra 4.5 quarts. And i have seen kids fill engines up with 11 quarts of oil... Just because its the dealer doesnt mean its better. Unless im changing the oil. haha

Lol its funny some guys that come into Roush Honda that dont feel comfortable changing the oil on their car. If only they knew they were handing their cars over to 16-17 year olds to pull their cars onto lifts to change the oil. I have seen kids empty the tranny fluid, put the plug back in, and fill the motor oil up with an extra 4.5 quarts. And i have seen kids fill engines up with 11 quarts of oil... Just because its the dealer doesnt mean its better. Unless im changing the oil. haha

That's can't be good. :lolguy: I wouln't be bragging if I work there.

I pull the engine out of the car with an engine hoist and change it. :dumb:

I'm being serious.

That's can't be good. :lolguy: I wouln't be bragging if I work there.

Oh im not bragging. Im happy that i work there. It just so happens there are some idiots. Every place has those people. A few peoples mistakes dont reflect the mass..

I'm being serious.

I have to drive the car on 2x4s to get a jack underneath, then I jack it up so I can get the arms of the lift underneath the lift points and carry on with an oil change just like any other car.

I have to drive the car on 2x4s to get a jack underneath, then I jack it up so I can get the arms of the lift underneath the lift points and carry on with an oil change just like any other car.

So you have to lift it to lift it :gabe:

Oh im not bragging. Im happy that i work there. It just so happens there are some idiots. Every place has those people. A few peoples mistakes dont reflect the mass..

and if someone doesn't tip you for your awesome oil change, is it automatically understood that there's a 15% tip placed on the customer's credit card?

Funny, I just got back from changing the oil on the 3. It's pretty easy, and I am leary of other people working on my car, so I take care of it myself. Usually it's just a friend and I, or if I have 2x4's to drive up on, I can do it myself.

and if someone doesn't tip you for your awesome oil change, is it automatically understood that there's a 15% tip placed on the customer's credit card?

I dont work for tips, but If I did I would probably add 18%.

Common sense.

i do all the work myself on my car, it saves the $80/hr labor charge! that way i also know its being done correct and IF something should go wrong i know its my fault. since i use only amsoil in my car i have to do it, but my wifes car basicly its just if there is anywhere that has a deal for 19.99 or less at the time they will get to do it otherwise i will do that one too.

I hate doing it all, but it's easier for me to do it b/c I actually know it's done right. I hate running brake lines, and guess what just rusted out on my dad's car. Yep, fun tomorrow.

Speaking of brake lines, fixed the leaking line. Go to bleed; pump pump bleed, pump pump bleed, pump pump another line blows. That's why brake lines are one of my least favorite things.