1990 Nissan 300ZX TT

GilbWs6

Anyone on here ever have one of these cars? I'm considering buying one with 19k miles. Car is a one owner, has been meticulously cared for, and as far as I can tell is all original. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

that old with that few of miles it will most likely start leaking everything from everywhere if you start driving regular. Just know that going in

The man speaks the truth. Everything shrinks like seals and gaskets. There was a customer with a 82 civic with 40k on it. Damn thing leak like no other

The '90-94's are very prone to injector failure. To update to the newer style '95+ injectors you are looking at ~$700 in parts.

At that age is will need a full timing belt service which will address most of the leak concerns noted above (cam seals, vtc's, water pump, bypass hoses, etc...). Parts will be in the $375 range to do it properly. The other common leaks are the valve covers which require a full plenum pull to access them.

To the right buyer, the cars still bring a good price and people are willing to travel for a good clean Z.

I've been into these cars for ~15 years and wrenched on just about every aspect of them, let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll help out in any way that I can.

Another notable issue, the '90's are known to experience sporadic inoperable odometers, check it closely.

Tim

The '90-94's are very prone to injector failure. To update to the newer style '95+ injectors you are looking at ~$700 in parts.

At that age is will need a full timing belt service which will address most of the leak concerns noted above (cam seals, vtc's, water pump, bypass hoses, etc...). Parts will be in the $375 range to do it properly. The other common leaks are the valve covers which require a full plenum pull to access them.

To the right buyer, the cars still bring a good price and people are willing to travel for a good clean Z.

I've been into these cars for ~15 years and wrenched on just about every aspect of them, let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll help out in any way that I can.

Another notable issue, the '90's are known to experience sporadic inoperable odometers, check it closely.

Tim

What's a good price??

Based on the age it is hard to get a solid baseline, I don't follow the market closely as I haven't bought/sold one in 13 years. I have seen low mileage clean examples anywhere from ~$10k-18K. I know that 's a huge spread but it depends on the location, season, and finding the right buyer. Edited by SilverTwin

Based on the age it is hard to get a solid baseline, I don't follow the market closely as I haven't bought/sold one in 13 years. I have seen low mileage clean examples anywhere from ~$10-18K. I know that 's a huge spread but it depends on the location, season, and finding the right buyer.

Is Stillen good with these cars?

I've got a couple partial trade offers from 300zx guys , both of their cars are built/modified . I think one of them was stillen built.

Is Stillen good with these cars?

I've got a couple partial trade offers from 300zx guys , both of their cars are built/modified . I think one of them was stillen built.

Most of the Stillen parts are decent as they are typically someone else's products rebadged as Stillen. Stillen built is another story, tons of horror stories out there. The Stillen 'built' longblocks are nothing more than ATK remans. I've seen them with multiple sized rod bearings, mismatched heads (NA vs TT) with the casting marks ground off to try to hide it etc...

Most Stillen parts are basic bolt-on mods.