Looking for a sport bike, have ?s.

Stampede

I really hope this will not be your first bike. There are about 100 things to look for in a bike. If you are not sure what you should be looking for, I am thinking you may not be ready for a 1000cc bike. Just don't want to see more people falling victim to getting a bike too big too early and it costing them their life.

2001 is the first year of the GSXR1K and they are ALL fuel injected...

I don't recommend one for your first bike and I sure as hell wouldn't buy a salvaged one when you are talking pennies more for a clean/perfect one of those years.

This will be my first sport bike, I've riden a 600, and an R1. Diffently want a 1000, not a real big fan of the R1. The reason I asked about what to look for, I know of to many issues with them. Didn't want to over look something.

Thanks.

This will be my first sport bike, I've riden a 600, and an R1. Diffently want a 1000, not a real big fan of the R1. The reason I asked about what to look for, I know of to many issues with them. Didn't want to over look something.

Thanks.

Ok, you say your first sport bike. Does this mean you have owned a different motorcycle? Let it be clear that anyone with half a brain can ride a 1000cc sportbike. There is a difference in riding and owning. When you are just riding one around your not going to be getting comfortable on it on that ride. Now when you own one, you will start to think you know what you are doing. This will be long before you actually do. This is not a jab at you, but this is entry level motorcyclist in general. Small mistakes on a 1000cc bike have big consequences. Everyone has a friend of a friend's cousin who bought one for their first bike and did just fine. Yeah, ok, maybe. But statistically that will not be the case for you. I am sure there are plenty of places that will sell you a big bore sportbike as your first bike and think nothing of it. I personally like to sleep at night and not think about the life that I am putting in danger just to make a buck. I wish you the best, but I really hope you will come to the realization that a GSXR1000 may not be the best first bike for you.

Ok, you say your first sport bike. Does this mean you have owned a different motorcycle? Let it be clear that anyone with half a brain can ride a 1000cc sportbike. There is a difference in riding and owning. When you are just riding one around your not going to be getting comfortable on it on that ride. Now when you own one, you will start to think you know what you are doing. This will be long before you actually do. This is not a jab at you, but this is entry level motorcyclist in general. Small mistakes on a 1000cc bike have big consequences. Everyone has a friend of a friend's cousin who bought one for their first bike and did just fine. Yeah, ok, maybe. But statistically that will not be the case for you. I am sure there are plenty of places that will sell you a big bore sportbike as your first bike and think nothing of it. I personally like to sleep at night and not think about the life that I am putting in danger just to make a buck. I wish you the best, but I really hope you will come to the realization that a GSXR1000 may not be the best first bike for you.

1000'S are a hand full...Then you throw nitrous into the mix and... :fuuuu:

I had plenty of people trying to buy 1000's out at ATS, and I know Josh nor I ever let one go to an inexperienced rider. Don't be stupid, buy a POS 600 ride for a few months then work your way up.

I had plenty of people trying to buy 1000's out at ATS, and I know Josh nor I ever let one go to an inexperienced rider. Don't be stupid, buy a POS 600 ride for a few months then work your way up.

Dover are you home? Bike night tonight if you are