sooooo ive got a stuck bolt

Sturg1647545502

I 1st ground a slit into it to try and turn it with a flat head and broke off 1/2 of the exposed bolt. I then bent 1 punch and ruined 2 carbon tipped bits before giving up. Its one 2 two bolts that makes up the exhaust manifold of my dr650.....anyone else have an idea?

I've never tapped anything and i dont want this to be my first...(that sound like a virgin statement). Anyone in Hilliard wanna help a brotha out? im open to ideas

Edited by Sturg

aprox. 6mm 1/3 is expose, and 1/3 was ground away to make a slot for the flat head and the other 1/3 broke off...its was about 2 threads tall(ive got the pitch laying around somewhere). bought a scew extractor this AM but im melting bits trying to make a hole to get the extractors in. Craftsman bits are apparently shit. I won a sword as a gag gift this weekend...thats on deck right nao

Guest Hal
aprox. 6mm 1/3 is expose, and 1/3 was ground away to make a slot for the flat head and the other 1/3 broke off...its was about 2 threads tall(ive got the pitch laying around somewhere). bought a scew extractor this AM but im melting bits trying to make a hole to get the extractors in. Craftsman bits are apparently shit. I won a sword as a gag gift this weekend...thats on deck right nao

If you don't have enough sticking out to grab it with a broken bolt extractor, you'll have to drill it out. Go grab a nicer bit from Lowe's or Home Depot and take your time. If you are forcing the bit you'll either break it or get it too hot, ruining it.

[troll]grab it with vise grips and rub it on concrete[/troll]

Edit: Just saw your pics, drill it out. You may need to use cutting oil if you're having as much trouble as you seem to be. Keep the bit(s) cool and start small. While you're out buying bits, spray penetrating oil on the bolt. Soak it down really nice so it can work while you're gone.