Aviaton/Aircraft Enthusiasts????

RedLudeSH

Was walking the dog at Glacier Ridge Metro Park near 33. Lots of planes go overhead there, i always check them out. Then this flew overhead

After searching all over internet this drawing is closest thing I could find to what I saw.

I had to crudely edit out the tail of this picture as the thing i saw had its wing completely in the rear, saw nothing protruding past.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/redludesh2/plane.jpg

Tailless "C-wing" plane. Was big enough for one person and flying same high path as other planes. Sounded propeller driven not jet but could be wrong. Been looking all over internet for something similar, maybe an expensive civilian toy, but the only thing i see even close is concepts and drawings. Any idea what it is????

That was exactly it!!! Thank you, was driving me crazy! Was flying as high as all the other planes following the same path at that park, no idea how high, didnt leave a trail that i saw. Very Cool, thank you.

Good catch there aren't many of those left since they didn't sell well and Beech offered to buy them back so they wouldn't have to provide support for them any more. A few people kept theirs but I think there are less than 5 flying now.

My brother saw one of the Piaggio Avantis flying into Port Columbus yesterday...apparently there is a regional feeder with a fleet of them.

That Starship is an awesome plane, too bad it wasn't as successful as it was beautiful. Too unique, too expensive, bad economy...there are only a couple left in flying shape, although there is a guy in Oklahoma with a collection of NINE of them.

My brother saw one of the Piaggio Avantis flying into Port Columbus yesterday...apparently there is a regional feeder with a fleet of them.

That Starship is an awesome plane, too bad it wasn't as successful as it was beautiful. Too unique, too expensive, bad economy...there are only a couple left in flying shape, although there is a guy in Oklahoma with a collection of NINE of them.

That must be the guy that I'm thinking of. I think he's about the only one that has them any more except for maybe the one that Scaled Composites uses. I saw the one they have at Edwards AFB once flying chase plane for the X-37 that N.A.S.A was using Burt Rutans White Knight one to drop. Honestly how bad ass would it make you feel to have N.A.S.A call you up and ask to use one of your planes for a test flight.

I see that same plan every year in November while trolling the fields of Delaware County for Pheasant. Sounds very different from any other small aircraft for sure.

The difference in the sound comes from the air being split by the wing before hitting the props. It's the same thing with the Avanti pictured above

The difference in the sound comes from the air being split by the wing before hitting the props. It's the same thing with the Avanti pictured above

I learn something new everyday....:) I usually don't pay attention to airplanes while hunting but when I hear that thing coming I always watch it.

What I'm seeing high in the Delaware skies is the Avanti and not the Beech Starship. The plane I'm seeing is small and very fast. The Beech looks like it would be twice the size of the Avanti.

He'll fly that thing back and forth a few times in the 5 or 6 hours we stay out in the fields.

What I'm seeing high in the Delaware skies is the Avanti and not the Beech Starship. The plane I'm seeing is small and very fast. The Beech looks like it would be twice the size of the Avanti.

They are pretty close to the same size, the Starship has more wingspan though.

Definitely a unique sounding plane...the only thing I've heard that sounded similar was a C-123K with 2 radials and 2 jets.