Homeowners - Gutter Question

Sully

Use chicken wire its super cheap you poor bastard.

How would I secure it to the gutter?

If you're cleaning them every week take some of that 3k and cut some trees down.

I've had to clean them because of those stupid little helicopter things from the maple tree. I hate those things, but love the maple tree.

I've had to clean them because of those stupid little helicopter things from the maple tree. I hate those things, but love the maple tree.

I have quite a few of them around my house and I still only clean mine twice a year. In the spring after the trees stop dropping their seeds or as you put it "helicopter things." And then in the fall after the leaves have stopped falling off the trees.

But on this note, I have recently have seen the foam like inserts you are suppose to put in your gutters that will keep them clean. I have seen them in a few home improvement stores and then in at Costco this past weekend. Has anyone used them?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2721827

I have quite a few of them around my house and I still only clean mine twice a year. In the spring after the trees stop dropping their seeds or as you put it "helicopter things." And then in the fall after the leaves have stopped falling off the trees.

But on this note, I have recently have seen the foam like inserts you are suppose to put in your gutters that will keep them clean. I have seen them in a few home improvement stores and then in at Costco this past weekend. Has anyone used them?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2721827

I have these in my gutters the ones from costco. I'm in Afghanistan so can't comment on how they are doing currently but I did notice there were not many leaves on top of them when I left. Plus if some do get on top you can just use a leaf blower on them. They weren't super easy to put in but I was tired of cleaning my gutters and opted to try them over paying 3K for leafguard.

That foam stuff I would think would deteriorate quickly, collect dust/dirt/shingle gravel, and get moldy when it stays wet for a while.

The hardware store solutions work ok for a few years, but they blow off or fall off. A pro system works best, but nothing is 100% perfect. Leaf Filter has some positive but many poor reviews about they mesh system not allowing water through and the water just going across it then to the ground.

The foam is treated and smaller leaves and gravel dust can get inside gutter guards or leaf guards etc just as easy. It is treated and guaranteed to not mold I forget how long it is guaranteed for though the paperwork is at home.