Something Going on at Chase?

Bigbird

My friend is an event coordinator that works these events. She says this is the outcome of every single one they have across the country. They are meetings for people that are losing their homes and get a chance to come in an talk to the bank directly about making arrangements to save their home.

She says it's such an insult, they hold these events in the nicest of venues in every city...places most of the people that need to come have never been able to afford to visit such a place. She said that security is high at all of them, this one especially because Dimon is here, but at every event there are people that have to be dragged out from threatening to kill an underwriter, blow up the bank or kill one of the coordinators.

My friend is an event coordinator that works these events. She says this is the outcome of every single one they have across the country. They are meetings for people that are losing their homes and get a chance to come in an talk to the bank directly about making arrangements to save their home.

She says it's such an insult, they hold these events in the nicest of venues in every city...places most of the people that need to come have never been able to afford to visit such a place. She said that security is high at all of them, this one especially because Dimon is here, but at every event there are people that have to be dragged out from threatening to kill an underwriter, blow up the bank or kill one of the coordinators.

wtf are you talking about? It was a shareholder meeting at the McCoy center aka the Chase building at Polaris, aka a giant office building.

wtf are you talking about? It was a shareholder meeting at the McCoy center aka the Chase building at Polaris, aka a giant office building.

It is also an "Outreach meeting". She's working the damn thing right now. Also, I know all about the Chase buildings..I worked at 1111 and 370 "Actual McCoy Center" for several years.

I feel bad for these people, and. I understand kind of how they feel. Before I worked for chase I thought they were a joke. Now being on the dark side of the bank I know what I was doing wrong. I know now it was always my fault. The bank isn't here to scam people. It's to make money. If you don't follow the rules there are penalties. The rules arnt hard, pay your shit on time. Not the week after or next month. Just pay it. If you can't afford it, they will work with you to come to an even basis.

It is also an "Outreach meeting". She's working the damn thing right now. Also, I know all about the Chase buildings..I worked at 1111 and 370 "Actual McCoy Center" for several years.

You had to be a shareholder to attend the meeting. Any shareholder can speak at the shareholder's meeting. I believe the 'outreach' part is dealing with the folks who own shares and want to bitch/complain/cry about whatever issue they have with the company. Every shareholder meeting is like this - you can buy a single share and get your turn to talk at the meeting to the board and CEO.

Please show ANY documentation stating this was an "Outreach meeting." Not just some broad that organizes these idiots telling you it is.

I don't work for the company, just where the fuck do you think I'm to get documentation. Also, I don't give a fuck about chase, the meeting, the people protesting, im a shareholder, so I care about that, but otherwise, I'm stating what a chic that does this for a living is telling me. In fact, I was just with her and she elaborated more on the events that happened there the last couple days.

Buy it or don't....I'm moving on.

Predatory lending is funny. :dumb:

Equal blame to go around in this situation.

I disagree. Banks don't tell me what I can afford. I'm smart enough to figure that out for myself. It's not like they aren't doing anything that wasn't agreed to in a contract.

Know your finances, know your limits, know your plan.

I disagree. Banks don't tell me what I can afford. I'm smart enough to figure that out for myself. It's not like they aren't doing anything that wasn't agreed to in a contract.

I agree.

Going out on a limb here, I'm going to assume some of these people lost their jobs after they got their loans and thats how they fucked it up.

Trooth.

PS- we got another rate drop...still wanna refi? :cool:

-Marc

you are way overestimating the intelligence of the american citizen.

Predatory lending is funny. :dumb:

Equal blame to go around in this situation.

But Chase was one of the least guilty of predatory lending (if you could be considered guilty at all), which is why they ended up on top when the housing crash happened, as they didn't feel nearly the impact the other lenders felt.

But Chase was one of the least guilty of predatory lending (if you could be considered guilty at all), which is why they ended up on top when the housing crash happened, as they didn't feel nearly the impact the other lenders felt.

Who knew high risk loans could POSSIBLY turn around to bite you in the ass.

PS: I doubt that one of these people claiming that Obama is going to save them from foreclosure knows that it was Jimmy Carter's administration that bullied banks into doing subprime lending in the first place. Had it not been for that, they never would have been offered mortgages and therefore would not have a home to lose, and we wouldn't have any kind of a financial crises today.

Cliffs: Jimmy Carter ruined the economy :dumb: