Something Going on at Chase?

Bigbird

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/05/17/chase-holds-out-prospect-of-more-jobs-here.html?sid=101

Shareholders and employees won't be the only ones at the McCoy Center today. Labor and religious leaders, homeowners and activists have said they intend to demonstrate outside the meeting as part of a national campaign this spring to protest at the annual meetings of some of the nation's biggest banks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nationalpeoplesaction/sets/72157626737977218/detail/

I get standing up for what you believe in and protesting something you think is really wrong but really? costume's and a makeshift bridge to cross a 'moat'/retention pond?

I dont remember the last time they had a shareholds meeting at Polaris, you'd think with all they buildings they have in New York City and Chicago they'd find someplace nicer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nationalpeoplesaction/sets/72157626737977218/detail/

I get standing up for what you believe in and protesting something you think is really wrong but really? costume's and a makeshift bridge to cross a 'moat'/retention pond?

I dont remember the last time they had a shareholds meeting at Polaris, you'd think with all they buildings they have in New York City and Chicago they'd find someplace nicer?

Pretty sure they move it between the 3 major operations centers (Columbus, Chicago and NYC) every so many years

I heard something was going on today at the Chase building at Polaris today, but didn't catch what it was on the news.

Maybe that is why there are a bunch of charter buses and stuff at the hotel next to my work here in Dublin?

Just emailed my cousin who works in site planning and such with Chase and said that they move it every year and Chase had it's annual meeting in Columbus in 1999

its fun here there were snipers on the roof for a bit they set up metal detectors, tons of cpd and sherrifs walking around inside.

So a taste of the planned Nazi style police state to come to the US is "fun" to you?

So protesting the financial enslavement of millions around the world is a bad thing?

Man, Hitler would of loved you two knuckleheads...

• Downvote 1

So a taste of the planned Nazi style police state to come to the US is "fun" to you?

How so is this indicative of a planned police state? They are there to protect everyone from the few nuts that always seem to dawn such gatherings.

So protesting the financial enslavement of millions around the world is a bad thing?

How about you elaborate on this financial enslavement of millions around the world. Please enlighten us on how Chase is the Big Bad Evil Empire.

I see no correlation between Hitler, his movement on this. Please clarify your points.

:gabe:

sure is, and they were there to protect the 10,000 people that work there. All it takes is one crazy person who wants to make a statement. I felt better about them being there, go hide under a rock somewhere

You would think those people would be at work trying to make money to pay their mortgage and not lose their homes.

But but but I'm ENTITLED to having a 4 bedroom house with a 3 car garage and when I can't pay for it with my food stamps it's Bush's fault and the fault of the big corporations!

But but but I'm ENTITLED to having a 4 bedroom house with a 3 car garage and when I can't pay for it with my food stamps it's Bush's fault and the fault of the big corporations!

LOL

DOWN WITH BIG BANKS, GIVE MY ASS FREE MONEY TO BUY CRACK WITH!

:dumb:

LOL

DOWN WITH BIG BANKS, GIVE MY ASS FREE MONEY TO BUY CRACK WITH!

:dumb:

Now you're all getting it.

Yes, let's blame Chase because I can't pay my fucking bills and I'm too stupid to really understand my own finances... :rolleyes:

Exactly. I can't understand what they are protesting. Is it a bad thing for a business to make money? To employee thousands upon thousands of people is a bad thing?

I wish someone would have went out there and mowed down the protestors. :)