anyone have blue prints for a shed?

XChris1632X

I was looking to buy a shed for cheap. The only ones that fit in that category are shitty metal ones. I have a 3 car garage and a huge ass barn but I need more space. I have enough kids toys to fill up a whole section in the garage and I'm tired of it. I want something just for the kids toys. Whatever I can't fit in there would be trashed. I just want them out of my way as I have limited space with the amount of stuff I have. I started to consider building a decent wood shed if I can find plans and can do it cheap enough. Anyone have any ideas? I won't spend over 400 period. The toys aren't such a problem to warrant going over that.

I guess I was not only looking for plans but with some advise from people with experience and maybe from people who did something similar. I found a few plans like that one (not as detailed) but I don't know if any of that is worth a shit or not. I have put things together but this kinda thing is far from my expert knowledge. Thank you for posting that though, I am going to study those quite well.

In columbus you are permitted 1 less than 165 sqft non-dwelling structure.

I have built I don't know how many sheds. Its easy. 12X8 is simple. I don't like to use plans, I like to build simple structures.

Build a pole building. Very simple and very cheap. Shouldn't need any diagrams to do it really. Just 4 poles in the ground, 2x4's connecting the poles. They also act as nailers for metal siding and the roof is easy too, just draw it out on your garage floor or other large area to use as a template for the trusses.

I live in the country so I have no restrictions. Like I said, I already have a huge barn, I just need a small place for the kids. I just would like to have something that looks nice and is inexpensive and simple. Some of these wood sheds I have looked at are very expensive.

I bought one of the pre-cut wood shed kits from Lowes because I'm terrible with a saw and angles. Price was reasonable when compared to buying the wood and everything else itself. Best part was I did the foundation in a few hours one day and everything else (except shingles and paint) in one more day with only one spare set of hands. It went together great and didn't have any bad cuts. A couple of pieces of wood were pretty warped but if you pre-sort everything they take them back and replace them. Only complaint is the size of the materials, instead of 2x4's you get 2x3's and instead of 5/8's walls you get 1/2". It hasn't seemed to affect it though, it's been through some pretty heavy winds in the last 13 months since it's been up.