Open Carry Meet Interest?

Guest Hal

How many people here would be down for an open carry meet this summer? I haven't thought too much about dates and places but, I think it would be nice to get like-minded responsible gun owners together for some food, drinks, and exercise of constitutional rights.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spam
Meet....like a demonstration? That would the only reason for something like this. To inform more people about the gun laws, and the importance of them.

I would be down if it doesn't interfere with my horrid work schedule. And honestly, this may end up being a bad idea if there aren't a large number of people joining in. Two or three people would probably bring the cops down hard, but 20-30 would change things.

Not that I'm suggesting there be any intimidation. It would just show a difference between a couple people that could be up to no good versus an actual group of open carry advocates. Oh, having flyers to hand out would probably be a good idea too.

Not that I'm suggesting there be any intimidation. It would just show a difference between a couple people that could be up to no good versus an actual group of open carry advocates. Oh, having flyers to hand out would probably be a good idea too.

I agree, it needs to be a big group. I wouldn't be interested in anything less than 20.

Sounds like a good number.

Do you have some sort of place in mind? If its a food meet up, it needs to be some place that does not serve alcohol, which makes things a bit difficult. Especially since sitting on a patio would be real nice.

Also, once a place has been nominated it would be best to speak with their management for permission to have this meet up. This way, we won't be asked to leave immediately. Make sure this is a positive thing. Unless of course you are talking about something that is more of a march than a meet up.

Sounds like a good number.

Do you have some sort of place in mind? If its a food meet up, it needs to be some place that does not serve alcohol, which makes things a bit difficult. Especially since sitting on a patio would be real nice.

Also, once a place has been nominated it would be best to speak with their management for permission to have this meet up. This way, we won't be asked to leave immediately. Make sure this is a positive thing. Unless of course you are talking about something that is more of a march than a meet up.

I think Bob Evans is supposed to be carry friendly

I'm sure I could make it out. I'd perfer some sort of BBQ, maybe at one of the metroparks? They recently just sent out a letter saying OC is okay in the metroparks, so a little educational as well?

This assumption, that anyone alone open carrying has to be up to no good, is one of the most important reasons for having the meet/demonstration in the first place.

Anyway, I am somewhat interested. 50% not sure if I would go.

I would highly suggested leaving drinks out of the equation. But this sounds like a good idea and I would bet no matter what the cops would come show up and hassle

Sorry, I wasn't clear on the drinks. By drinks, I meant lemonade, water, etc...

I think Bob Evans is supposed to be carry friendly

I had heard that before. I hadn't really thought if it would be better to do a restaurant thing or a cookout somewhere else. I'll keep an eye on the interest and if we get enough I'll look into something a little more solid.

I saw a guy open carrying in WV this weekend. Scared me so bad I shot him.

lol Happy Bday, tomorrow, btw.

Can I go if I no longer own a firearm? I can bring a pellet rifle and conceal my slingshot. Come get some!

Pretty strong interest so far. Looks like we have 10-15 people who may be down. I'm including those of you who would not be carrying. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to support your rights with everyone else.

I'm thinking a weekend cookout at a Westerville park (Sharon Woods, Alum Creek Park, etc...).