Open Carry Meet Interest?

Guest Hal

can i wear my shotgun with a sling over my shoulder?

Sure?

Im absolutely down.

It would probably be a good idea to notify the local police about this, just so nobody gets butt hurt.

Definitely. I don't want to make a splash and I would prefer that the local cops know what's up so they can deal with any calls they may get too.

Anyway we can get some press on this? That would really help make a statement

I'm not really sure how to go about doing that. I guess, depending on where we go (assuming this goes down) we could try to contact the Dispatch and whatever local papers are in the area.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say make it somewhere in the Short North, or any place with an over abundance of yuppies.

Oh, and can I dress up like a cowboy for this?

Only if you carry a .460

Yeah, I'd at least let the police know to ignore any useless calls. Wouldn't want the city to waste tax payer money by showing up in their armored SWAT vehicles only to find a picnic.

Yeah, I'd at least let the police know to ignore any useless calls. Wouldn't want the city to waste tax payer money by showing up in their armored SWAT vehicles only to find a picnic.

You don't need to come, but thanks for the input. We won't be having any animals there to torture and kill so I think you would just be bored.

Looking back on the number of people that were "detained" during the last OC march that helped lead to the passing of the CHL, I think I'll pass.

Kudos to those willing to be the "I know my rights" guys that get thrown in the back of the cruiser for "inciting panic". :(

Looking back on the number of people that were "detained" during the last OC march that helped lead to the passing of the CHL, I think I'll pass.

Kudos to those willing to be the "I know my rights" guys that get thrown in the back of the cruiser for "inciting panic". :(

Maybe an arrest, but the Ohio Supreme Court said that open carry is legal in Klein v. Leis.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to deal with the possible repercussions. If we do make this happen I'm going to try to work with local authorities to make sure we're good to go as well.

Keep the suggestions coming guys. I've got a busy week, but I'll try to start working on the logistics by the weekend.

You don't need to come, but thanks for the input. We won't be having any animals there to torture and kill so I think you would just be bored.

Okay, but if you guys wanna print some hand outs I got the hookup on free prints.

Bored? I was gonna pick up a cat on the way over so we could shave it together.

For the love of jesus make sure you call the police and tell them whats going on yes. All you need is 1 idiot calling in saying a bunch of dudes are somewhere waving guns or something and youll have a shit storm brought.

I still say this is a terrible idea. The UNeducated people are the ones that freak out and cause the chaos.

For the love of jesus make sure you call the police and tell them whats going on yes. All you need is 1 idiot calling in saying a bunch of dudes are somewhere waving guns or something and youll have a shit storm brought.

I still say this is a terrible idea. The UNeducated people are the ones that freak out and cause the chaos.

Then when they call the police over something that is perfectly legal, said police need to explain the legality of it.

Then when they call the police over something that is perfectly legal, said police need to explain the legality of it.

Either way.. its going to get attention..

Youde be surprised how many calls come through even over stuff like toy guns and bb guns. Someone.. somewhere.. is going to have a bitch fit over it. Especially if you get 15 people or so I would expect at least 10 officers to show for a call like that.

Guest Spam
So, just as an example, not saying this will happen because i would like to be apart of it; you call the police and say what you plan to do, and they say no. Or they will hassle you if this does happen. Where do you go from there?

So, just as an example, not saying this will happen because i would like to be apart of it; you call the police and say what you plan to do, and they say no. Or they will hassle you if this does happen. Where do you go from there?

State AG

It's not a matter of asking permission. If they say no, we would need to decide if we wanted to deal with the hassle or not.

Guest Spam
Did you have any places in mind? I like daddys boy idea of short north. A place where people generally will not agree with it, or arent informed of the laws. That would make the most sense right?

It's not a matter of asking permission. If they say no, we would need to decide if we wanted to deal with the hassle or not.

If they say no the state AG's office needs contacted to let them know what the police dept is doing

If they say no the state AG's office needs contacted to let them know what the police dept is doing

That's a good point. I will say I'm concerned about contacting Dewine's office about anything dealing with guns.

That's a good point. I will say I'm concerned about contacting Dewine's office about anything dealing with guns.

Yeah, I voted for Cordray, he was definitely pro gun... Dewine...meh

Lol the knob slobbers in the short north will poop thier butt plugs out if they see a crowd of American blooded men carrying guns all over their precious queermosexual filled streets.

Wouldn't you be worried that someone down there would recognize you from your Craig's List ad? :marc2:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Mikeytat.jpg

What you COULD do is find a place.. a place that takes reservations maybe.. and let them know what you plan on doing and see what they have to say about it. You would definitely fix most of the problem there.. if management says ok and customers are unhappy and make phone calls then youll be able to stay. If youre scaring away customers and the employees are freaking you, you better bet your ass that youll be leaving hah.

Dragknee, you glossed over this. Is this not the logical course of action if they are not doing anything illegal?

Dragknee, you glossed over this. Is this not the logical course of action if they are not doing anything illegal?

Youre really going to trust the dispatchers to give this kind of advise? Eek.

Either way.. like I said.. if a call goes out and the words "gun" or "knife" are involved.. you better bet your ass there will be more than a handful of officers showing up.

Im sticking to the best idea for you fellas... talking to the restaurant first and then calling the local police dept for that place and explaining to them what youre doing as well. THAT makes the most common sense to me ;)